我玩过
D2,石器,EQ,EQ2,EVE,激战,指环王
正在玩
FF14
爱好
只看楼主 倒序阅读 楼主  发表于: 2007-05-27
— 本帖被 ts 从 诺拉斯史册 移动到本区(2010-05-31) —
Dragons
At the birth of Norrath all dragons were of one faction. There was no "Claws of Veeshan" and no "Ring of Scale" just the Dragons. Veeshan was the first god to ever create life on Norrath, and it was her brood she placed here. She clawed the continent of velious to sorta stake her claim so to speak.

From what I can Gather two Dragons of differing Colors created an abomination by Mating. Their progeny was Kerafyrm who was ultimatly powerful.

For reasons that I have yet to find out the members of the First Brood imprisoned Kerafyrm inside Sleeper's Tomb and he became known as the Sleeper. I have heard that the only Dragon with the Key was I believe, was Jaled' Dar, Phara Dar's father. (for those who aren't aware, Phara Dar is the leader of the Ring of Scale, lives in veeshan's peak)

Then we have a cloudy area of history for the Dragons. Sometime after the imprisonment of Kerafyrm a sect of Dragons left Velious and traveled to Kunark and established what we know today as "The Ring of Scale". At this point in Time Lady Vox and Lord Nagefan were part of this sect that broke away from the Claws.

Slowly the RoS built up power in Kunark. Many years passed, the Shissar empire was obliterated by their own god, the Iksar came into power, 4 of the 5 ancient iksar tribes rose to power only to be obliterated by the Sathir of the last major tribe. One dragon in particular, Trakanon, foresaw tat these dark rites would cause unimaginable woe and grief upon Norrath.

At this time, Trakanon was Phara Dar's wingmate, and Jaled' Dar was the leader of the Ring of Scale. (Jaled' Dar being the leader of the RoS is just speculation but it fits the storyline)

Trakanon is, or was, if not the wisest, among the wisest beings upon the planet. He was blessed, or cursed, with foresight. He knew the events that would occur upon Norrath, but was forbidden to interfere with these events.

Unfortunately for him, he chose to intervene anyway. This Sathir of this ancient tribe of Iksar's was upon a mighty ship in Timorous Deep. Trakanon, in league with another being supposedly sunk the ship in the middle of the ocean, ensuring that this king would no longer live to cause the problems that Trakanon had foreseen. Hence the Wreckage in Timorous deep.

This plunged the Ring of Scale into a war with the Iksar. Iksar's killed many of the Ring of Scale dragons, hellbent on entering Veeshan's Peak and laying waste to the last of the dragons upon *their* continent.

It was at this time that Jaled' Dar met his end (you can see his remains in the Field of Bone). Jaled' Dar became a Shade instead of passing into Oblivion and went to reside in what we call the Dragon Necropolis. Furious at his untimely death, and absolutely convinced that Phara Dar and Trakanon had plotted to have him killed, Jaled' Dar awaited his chance for revenge.

Phara Dar, on the other hand, was convinced that Trakanon had plotted to have her father killed so that he could assume his place at the head of the Ring of Scale. Trakanon was banished from the Ring of Scale. Here the history gets a little muddled. Some sources say that Trakanon conquered Sebilis and placed himself as it's ruler. Other sources hint that in a last ditch effort the Iksar managed to imprison him inside Sebilis where he could cause them no more harm.

Sometime later Trakanon became cursed to everliving death, an undead being forced into continuing his life in his already dead body.

Now we come back to Lady Vox and Lord Nagefan. It appears as though they got it into their heads to create another Kerafyrm and made plans to mate. They were discovered, and banished from the Ring of Scale. I don't know what means the RoS took to ensure they did not mate, but for whatever reason they have not mated yet, and hopefully never will. Once they reached Antonica there is a side story somewhere saying that Nagefan had an underground tunnel built into his castle that allowed him to leave and hunt at his leisure. Again He and Vox made plans to mate but this Time Veeshan herself interfered. She collapsed the mountains in lavatsorm around Nagafen's castle and seeling his escape route. All that remains now is the great lava pool where Eajag spawns.

Later Nagafen's castle was rediscovered by Gnomes who set up an outpost to mine for ore.

Now, back to Jaled Dar. Jaled Dar at this point want's revenge for his death, and has decided he want's all dragon kind to die. When you speak with Jaled Dar, he basically says he wants you to enter the Sleepers Tomb and awaken the sleeper, though I don't think he tells you specifically why. The reason: he wants the sleeper to destroy all the dragons, and cares nothing for what will happen to the rest of Norrath. He just wants revenge. He also wants peace I think. He wants resolution in some form as he is trapped on Norrath as a Shade. Basically he wants the peace of obvilion. It's possible he believes waking the Sleeper may accomplish this goal.

He then sends you on a quest to obtain one of the talismans from the 5 ancient dragons of the First Brood, to prove your on his side: Zlandicar, Klandicar, Illiandar, Sontalak, and Lord Yelinak.

This is rather confusing as when you are in Dragon Necropolis if you listen to him long enough you can piece together parts of this story. There are many phrases he shouts to the zone such as:

"We were wrong! he must be awakened...."

"Trakanon my old friend, you betrayed me!"

"Zlandicar! I know you are here. You are always here.. please we must talk!"

Among others. I know those probably are not exact quotes but they are pretty close and basically mean the same thing.

The problem is that the Dragons themselves are all very tight lipped about the storylines here. It's very difficult to figure out what is really going on and how things tie in together.

What I do find interesting though is that when Kerafyrm IS finally awakened Lord Nagefan shouts to the zone about him being awake and how they are doomed and his and Vox's "Long awaited nuptuals can proceed". This is where you can surmise their intent to mate.

Also Jaled' Dar shouts something similar to this: "The fools believeed me! Now I will have my revenge!". That is no where near an exact quote but it means basically the same thing. So now we know that Jaled' Dar was playing a ruse and tricking the player characters into doing what he wanted. Also it seems that his motivation is revenge.

My questions are numerous. There is a lot of Hoels in this storyline. Can anyone fill these in? Also, it's not exactly clear why Zlandicar is in Dragon Necropolis. He ties into this somehow but I have not yet been able to figure out exactly how. Apparently he is a cannibal and feats on the remains of his dead kin inside the Necropolis. He has also been cast out of the Claws of Veeshan. It is not clear exactly WHY but I suppose it could be for previous acts of canibalism.

Then we come to the Story of War between the Giants and the Dragons. I believe this takes place before the formation of the Ring of Scale but who knows. That is something for a different post though and we can discuss that later.

For now, can anyone provide any additional info on the story behind the Sleeper and the Dragons? Or correct anything I have said? If you make corrections or additions please list your source so that I can research it out. There is a lot of speculation and guessing out there that is not backed up by fact and I would really like to ferret out the true story.

-- Post on the Ranger's Glade by Vanidar Moonwhisper

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The lineage of the leaders of the RoS is as follows:

Jaled' Dar(slight Speculation but EVERYTHING I have read suggests he founded the Ring)

And then the current leader, Phara Dar.

Thanks for the links Legen though I think there is a LOT of eronious info there as well as fact. I think one of the problems is history that verant has Discarded when they changed their plot outlines. A lot of the info that was presented was recorded in Beta and I think some of that Info was discarded before release. Therefore some is contradictory.

This is the new Timeline after having read through the threads on the Safe house:

Veeshae marked Norrath and created the Dragons as the very first living beings on Norrath. This was the Age of Scale. The First Brood were the vey first beings to tread Norrath.

The First Brood consisted of the following Dragons, some living and some deceased:

Lord Yelinak, Zlandicar, Klandicar, Hsagra, Jaled' Dar, Illiandar the Keeper, and Sontalok.

After untold millenia we come to the War of Scale in which Dragon fought dragon supposedly. I have another theory though and will search for clues as to the truth of this theory. My theory is that 2 members of one of the following Broods, of differing Colors, mated. Their progeny was Kerafyrm Up to this point no two dragons had every tried or thought to mate outside their color. This was a mistake made and an abomiation was created. This abomination was ultimatly powerful. Kerafyrm was likely not very sane either. I blelieve that Kerafyrm decided to obliterate all life in his insanity and thus all of dragonkind went to war against Kerafyrm.

Eventually the combined might of all the Brrods was able to defeat him and using the power of their Talismans the members of the First Brood Sealed him away in Sleeper's Tomb. Some speculate that the 4 Warders are also of the first Brood but I think it likely instead that they are extremely powerful Dragons of maybe the 2nd or 3rd Broods. Possibly even of the same Brood that Produced Kerafyrm.

At the closing of the War of Scale several laws were put in place. One of which was that forbidding of another Kerafyrm. In other words, no two dragons of Differing colors would ever mate again.

Next we have the introduction of the Followers of Rallos Zek into the world and the War between Kael and Skyshrine starting. This as I said can be discussed in another thread. It's also very interesting. Both about the War between Kael and Skyshrine but also the entire Storyline about the followers of Rallos Zek.

Sometime after the start of the War Jaled' Dar decided that he was not happy with the way that Yelinak was ruling Dragonkind. Apparently he is not alone and Jaled' Dar takes a large number of Dragons with him to Distant Kunark where he establishes Veeshan's Peak.

Now we start into the History of Kunark and the Shissar, the Sarnaks, the Frogloks, and the Iksar.

The Shissar were the original sentient life on Kunark to establish an organized society. They were a race trhat delved into MANY powerful magical arts. The most notable being Necromancy. Eventually they angered even their own gods who wiped them off the face of the planet. The Shissar had kept the Iksar Race as slaves and this slave Race rose to power after the annihilation of the Shissar.

There were 5 Tribes of Iskar in Kunark, the Kunzar, Kylong, Nasthar, Obulous and Jasarth. Each rose to power seperatly under the rulership of 5 differnt Sathirs. Sathir being the Iksar term for King. Anyway, Eventually one Sathir in particular, Venril Sathir of the Kunzar, was able to seize control of all of the Tribes and establish his own Empire in the City of Sebilis using his knowledge and power of the Necromantic arts stolen from his ancient Shissar masters.

From here he ruled over nearly all of Kunark. Basically everything save the provinces of the Ring of Scale, who up till now had stayed aloof and seperated from the affairs of the "Mortal" beings.

Eventually Venril began to Age but sought to prolong his life and even become immortal throughhis Necromantic Powers. His research eventually led him to Innoruuk who he made a pact with. However, during the ritual to make Venrith Immortal his some interfered and disrupted it. His son, Rile, wanted the throne and if his father became immortal he would never get it. So he sabotaged Venril's plans. Suppossedly Venril Sathir's Spirit became locked in a Phylactory Similar to the now famous one that Miragul created for himself. The same Phylactory that Drussela now holds. Apparently Rile had it entombed with his mother.

Rile continued his Father's work of expansion and consolidation of power but unlike his Father he had no interest in magic or Necromancy. Instead he was a warrior emporer. When he finally died his Son, Atrebe, became the next Sathir. Atrebe was a Master of Necromancy very much like his Grandfather Venril.

It was during Atrebe's Rule that the Iksar first came into direct conflict with Dragon kind. Atrebe is responsible for the creation of Sarnaks which are a result of the combining of a Dragon and an Iksar which create an intelligent race of Dragon Men., The Sarnak's became the slave Labor to the Iksar's much as the Iksar's had been to the Shissar. He also combined a Dragon and a Froglok to create what is called a Sokokar. No one knows what these looked like but they were apparently Flying mounts used by the Iksar's.

One dragon in particular, Trakanon, foresaw that this Sathir would cause unimaginable woe and grief upon Norrath.

At this time, Trakanon was Phara Dar's wingmate, who is the daugter of Jaled' Dar and some unkown dragon.

Trakanon is, or was, if not the wisest, among the wisest beings upon the planet. He was blessed, or cursed, with foresight. He knew the events that would occur upon Norrath, but was forbidden to interfere with these events.

Unfortunately for him, he chose to intervene anyway. While Atrebe was upon a mighty ship in Timorous Deep, Trakanon in league with another being supposedly, sunk the ship in the middle of the ocean thereby ensuring that this king would no longer live to cause the problems that Trakanon had foreseen. Hence the Wreckage in Timorous deep.

Atrebe's son Ganak then took the throne and declared total war upon the Ring of Scale. The Iksar's killed many of the Ring of Scale dragons, hellbent on entering Veeshan's Peak and laying waste to the last of the dragons upon *their* continent. This War lasted for nearly 50 years and culminated in the battle between Ganak riding upon a Sokokar and Jaled' Dar in which both Kings were obliterated.

Jaled' Dar became a Shade instead of passing into Oblivion and went to reside in what we call the Dragon Necropolis. Furious at his untimely death, and absolutely convinced that Phara Dar and Trakanon had plotted to have him killed, Jaled' Dar awaited his chance for revenge. Emporer Ganak's Shade now resides in Trakanon's Teeth and gives out the quest for the Key to Sebilis. (will fill in more details here when I get the chance to hail Ganak again)

Phara Dar, on the other hand, was convinced that Trakanon had plotted to have her father killed so that he could assume his place at the head of the Ring of Scale. Trakanon was banished from the Ring of Scale. Here the history gets a little muddled. Some sources say that Trakanon conquered Sebilis and placed himself as it's ruler. Other sources hint that in a last ditch effort the Iksar managed to imprison him inside Sebilis where he could cause them no more harm.

Sometime later Trakanon became cursed to everliving death, an undead being forced into continuing his life in his already dead body.

Now we come back to Lady Vox and Lord Nagefan. It appears as though they got it into their heads to create another Kerafyrm and that they could actually control their progeny and made plans to mate. They were discovered, and banished from the Ring of Scale.

Once they reached Antonica there is a side story somewhere saying that Nagefan had an underground tunnel built into his castle that allowed him to leave and hunt at his leisure. Again He and Vox made plans to mate but this Time Veeshan herself interfered. She collapsed the mountains in lavatsorm around Nagafen's castle and seeling his escape route. All that remains now is the great lava pool where Eajag spawns (There is more here about the discovery of Nagefan's Lair by the gnomes that I will add later)

Now, back to Jaled Dar. Jaled Dar at this point want's revenge for his death, and has decided he want's all dragon kind to die. He cares nothing for the rest of Norrath he just wants to exact his ultimate and final revenge upon all those who have wronged him (which in his mind is every living thing on Norrath) As Harla Dar says if you talk with her, Jald' Dar's shade has gone insane. He also wants the peace of obvilion. He is stuck here on Norrath due to his deep anger and Hatred at what he percives was a conspiracy to destroy him. One of his Shouts in DN is something along the lines of "Release him... release.... release ME!" Which indicates that he is looking for a release from his undead state and his imprisonment in Dragon Necrpolis. It is possible that he believes waking the Sleeper will accomplish this goal as well.

And this brings us to the present day. The big plot here centers around Jaled' Dar. Kerafyrm, while ultimatly powerful, is just a tool being used by Jaled' Dar. It is hard to say if Kerafyrm is even capable of rational thought beyond the destruction of everything and everyone. Regardless, the real Schemer here is Jald' Dar.

Unfortuntly, I think the only way to find out if there is a Resolution to this plot line is to kill Kerafyrm and see what happens. However, I think it will be some time before Kerafyrm dies based upon what we have been hearing from the guilds who have done Sleeper's.

On my own server I have talked with a few members of Da'Kor (Now Magister) about the Sleeper and things don't look promising. Still, one day who knows.

Once again, if anyone has anything to add to this or corrections to be made please post em. Also PLEASE include your source so that your stories can be verified. The best sources are, of course, in game dialog with NPC's.

-- Post from the Ranger's Glade by Vanidar Moonwhisper
快速回复
限300 字节

上一个 下一个