昵称
我玩过
D2,石器,EQ,EQ2,EVE,激战,指环王
正在玩
FF14
爱好
只看楼主 倒序阅读 楼主  发表于: 2007-05-27
— 本帖被 ts 从 诺拉斯史册 移动到本区(2010-05-31) —
本书介绍了500年后Everquest II的世界与Everquest I的世界之间间隔的500年内的诺拉斯大陆变迁的经过.作为一个忠实的EQer,本书是我第一次试图翻译较长篇幅的文字,希望能有更多的人了解EQ中神秘的世界

---Fadaway

Chp 1:The Council of the Gods
第1章 诸神会议

"There is only one solution: Destroy them all."
“现在只有1个办法了:把他们都毁灭!”
Rallos Zek's burning eyes moved disdainfully from one god to the next, hoping his harsh edict had convinced more of them to take his side. It had been countless ages since virtually all the gods had gathered together like this, and he did not intend to miss the opportunity to expand his influence.
拉洛斯 泽克(战神)用燃烧着烈焰的双眼轻蔑的巡视着诸神,心中期望着他的草案能够说服更多的神站到他一边。上次象这样全体神诋聚到一起召开会议已经是不知多少年前的事了,他可不象失去这个扩大他影响力的千载难逢的机会。
"I maintain that this would be an overreaction," Tunare said, shaking her head. The mortals need our guidance, not our wrath. We should inspire them and strengthen the spirituality within them, not snuff it out."
“我还是坚持认为这样做太过激了,”土那瑞(生命之神)摇着头说,“凡人需要我们的指引而不是愤怒。我们应该激励他们,帮助他们提升体内的灵性,而不是扼杀。”

"You mean your precious elves?" Rallos countered. "Did they need your guidance as their greed soiled your plane, murdering your servants in their lust for power and wealth? Attacking the very manifestation of your being as if you were a boar for the slaughter?"
“你是说你最宝贝的精灵们么?”拉洛斯反驳道,“当他们的贪婪污染了你的神域,为了力量和财富的渴望杀死你的仆人们时,他们要求过你的指引么?当他们象狩猎一只野猪一样的攻击你的元神时,他们要求过你的指引么?”
She scowled and shook her head. "That is your influence at work, Rallos. It was only when they breached the Planes of Power that you lost the delight you had taken in their growing viciousness."
土那瑞皱起了眉头开始摇头。“这都是你的坏影响造成的!拉洛斯!只有在他们进入神域破坏时你才开始不高兴了,之前你不是一直都为他们不断增长的邪恶而感到高兴么!”
"We all agree that the mortals have gone too far," Brell interjected, sensing the need to interrupt before the argument dragged on further. "But surely the answer isn't to wipe away all our handiwork. After all, it is only a few races that have committed offenses worthy of such action. Perhaps a selective pruning is in order rather than complete annihilation."
“至少我们都同意一点:那就是凡人已经做的太离谱了!”巴瑞尔(地底公爵)觉得再吵下去可能越来越难收场,赶紧插话说,“但是,解决问题的答案当然不该是把我们的杰作,我指凡人,统统抹去。不管怎么说,只是一些种族所犯下的罪过需要接受这样的惩罚。或许有选择的修剪会比完全毁灭更合适。”
Solusek Ro shook his head. "I must agree with Rallos on this matter. Wipe them out; it is the only way."
索罗赛可 洛(燃烧王子)摇着头反对道“我想在这件事上我同意拉洛斯的观点。把他们都干掉!这是唯一的方法。”
"The solution is obvious," interjected Cazic-Thule. "If my influence were allowed to grow, the mortals would not be in a position to challenge us. Fear will keep them in check, as it always should have."
“办法很明显”卡滋 土勒(恐惧之神,无颜者)插话道“要是以前你们不限制我影响他们,凡人根本不会有机会挑战我们。恐惧会束缚住他们,就像它一直应该的那样。”
Karana scowled. "Preposterous. It has been proven that any one of us alone can be overcome by the mortals. It is underestimating them that has brought us to this place, that has forced us to become allies in action if not in principle. But the solution must be one that we can all agree to."
卡拉那(风暴之神)再也听不下去了:“这简直是荒谬!事实已经证明,我们中的任何一个都无法独自打败凡人。就是对他们的轻视才让我们落到今天这个地步。现在我们即使不能在原则上达成共识至少也得在行动上联合起来,才能对抗他们。所以这个解决方案必须是所有人都能接受的。”
"How can you be so blind?" Rallos growled. "How can you not see that the mortals must be made to pay for their insolence?"
“难道你瞎了么?”拉洛斯咆哮着说“难道你看不到凡人必须为他们的傲慢付出代价么?”
"You ignore the honor in their hearts," Mithaniel Marr countered. "They have earned the right to exist, to ascend to greatness."
“你忽略了一件事,他们的心中也有着光荣。”梅赛尼 玛尔(拥光者)反驳到“他们的光荣使他们赢得了存在下去并升至伟大的权利。”
"Greatness?" Innoruuk cackled gleefully. "Leave them to their own devices and they will devour themselves in jealousy and hatred. The solution is not for us to kill them, but to step aside and let them feed upon each other."
“伟大?”伊诺卢克(仇恨王子)发出尖锐的笑声,“让他们按照他们当初被设计的那样生活吧,让他们在妒忌和憎恨中毁灭自己吧。解决方法不是我们自己去动手杀死他们,我们只要站在一旁欣赏他们互相吞噬直到完全毁灭就可以了。
"We don't have time for that," Solusek Ro asserted. "The demi-planes are already weakened--in fact, some have simply faded from existence, as our powers have grown too thin to sustain them. We must refocus our resources and strike back while we still can."
“我们没时间去等了”索罗赛可 洛大声说道“次级神域已经被减弱--实际上其中的一些随着我们支撑它们的力量变的越来越小已经完全消失。我们必须调整我们的资源并且立即反击,不然就来不及了!”
Quellious had listened to the bickering for what seemed like ages. Though time had no meaning for them in this place, she could bear to listen no longer. She spoke softly, yet with a directness that silenced the others.
奎利业斯(宁静者)坐在一边静静的听着诸神争吵已经不知道多少年了,虽然时间在这里对他们没有意义,但是这次她再也听不下去了。她决定发言。轻轻的,但是带着使其他诸神一起静默的率直,她终于开口了。
"I propose a compromise," she said, her gaze moving from one god to the next. "It will not be ideal for any of us, and it does not come without risk. But I feel it is the only way to satisfy all our objectives and restore balance between us and the mortals."
“我建议大家都退一步”她说道,同时她的目光缓缓的扫过诸神,“这也许不是一个对每个人都完美的方法,而且也不是没有风险。但是我觉得这是唯一可以实现所有目标并且恢复我们和凡人之间平衡的方法。”
Bristlebane perked an ear. "Speak, please, for this endless debate is maddening even for me."
布利斯托贝(诙谐之神)一听竖起了一个耳朵“快请说,这没完没了的争吵真的快把我都逼疯了!”
Quellious continued. "We all agree the mortals have gained too much power, but there are non-destructive ways to correct this. There is also a way for us to regain our strength, though it means removing our influence from this world for a time. But if we all agree--including those who sit upon the greater wheel of Elemental Power--it could save us all."
奎利业斯继续道“我们都同意,凡人的力量已经太大了,但是除了毁灭外,还是有办法来纠正这个错误的。而且这同时也可以帮助我们重新获得我们的力量,虽然这意味着我们需要把我们施加在这个世界上的影响暂时移开一段时间。但是如果我们都同意的话————包括那些位于更高元素力量之轮上的(神上神,指元素之神)————这可以救我们大家。”
"Speak, Tranquil One," Xegony said, breaking her long silence. "We will listen to your proposal."
“说吧,宁静者”西格尼(空气之神,元素之神为高于前面诸神的一级神)打破了长久的沉默,“我们都会认真听你的主意的。”
Quellious nodded. "It is through their unity that the mortals initially became strong. The first thing we must do is to disrupt that unity…"
奎利业斯点点头,“最初是团结使凡人变得强大。所以我们要做的第一件事就是破坏这团结。”
When Quellious had finished, Erollisi Marr nodded. "It would be an acceptable compromise."
奎利业斯刚说完,伊洛斯 玛尔就点头道“这是个不错的折中方案。”
"Agreed," her twin brother added.
“同意!”她的双胞胎兄弟也加入道。
"It does not matter to me," Innoruuk grinned, "for I still believe that the mortals will destroy themselves eventually."
“我没意见。”伊诺卢克露齿笑道“反正我还是相信,最终凡人会自己毁灭自己的。”
Brell rubbed his chin thoughtfully. "I will do as you suggest."
巴瑞尔摩擦者下巴思索着,最后终于说“我会按你说的做。”
The Faceless shrugged. "It seems like a waste of time, but I will follow the wishes of this council."
无颜者耸耸肩道“看上去像浪费时间,不过我还是会遵从会议的决议。”
Tunare sighed sadly. "I will do what you ask in order to make this work."
土那瑞悲叹了一声,无可奈何的接受了,“为了让这成功,我会做你要求的。”
Fennin Ro spoke for the first time since he had entered the chamber. "The rulers of the Elemental Planes will abide by this decision."
芬宁 洛在进入房间后一直一言不发,这时终于开口表态,“元素神域的统治者会遵守这个决定。”
One by one the other gods either agreed or said nothing, nodding silently.
一个接一个的,其余诸神或者发言同意,或者一言不发,沉默的点了点头。
Quellious eyed Rallos Zek as he whispered something to Solusek Ro. The Prince of Flame shook his head.
奎利业斯于是转过头去看着迟迟没有表态的拉洛斯 泽克,后者正在和索罗赛可 洛耳语着什么,但是烈焰王子摇头否决了他的提议。
"We agree," the god of War said at last. "When does it begin?"
"我们同意”战神最终开口说道“什么时候开始?”
"In seven mortal days' time, we will act as one. Will that be long enough to do what is needed?"
“在7个凡人天之后,这次我们要像一个人一样的行动。要准备好一切需要的,这点时间够了么,大家?”
"It will," Solusek Ro said coldly. Tunare nodded with reluctance.
“够了,”索罗赛可 洛冷淡的说。土那瑞也勉强的点头。
"Then it is agreed," the Tribunal spoke in a single voice. "This council stands adjourned."
“那么,全体通过。”所有会议成员异口同声道,“这次会议到此结束。”
The gods began to leave the chambers, but Quellious lingered. She noticed as Rallos approached Cazic-Thule and began to whisper something to him, and watched as Solusek Ro did the same to Brell.
诸神开始离开房间,但是奎利业斯并没有马上离开。她注意到拉洛斯走近卡滋土勒并且开始和他小声的说着什么,同时索罗赛可 洛也对巴瑞尔做着同样的事。
Tunare stood next to her. "Is this really the only way?"
这时土那瑞站到她的身边,忧心忡忡的问道:“真的只有这个办法么?”
"I believe it is," Quellious responded softly. "But I think we need to remain watchful, as not everyone may honor the intent of this pact."
“我想是的。”奎利业斯温柔的回答道,“但是我们要看紧点,不是每个人都对这个协议保持敬意的。”
Karana approached the two goddesses. "I have some trepidation in this matter, and I'd wager you feel the same."
卡拉那也没走,他走近这两个女神,说道“我总觉得这件事悬,我打赌你也一定这么想。”
"I do," replied Quellious. "But I have another proposal to share with the two of you to ensure our interests are preserved."
“是的,”奎利业斯回答道,“但是我还有另一个提议来与你们两位分享,一个可以保障我们的利益不被损害的提议。”微妙的微笑挂在她的唇边。
As the three gods left the council chamber together, Rallos Zek eyed them loathingly. He muttered to himself. "So, Quellious, you have your allies and I have mine. But your weakness will be your downfall. Let the endgame begin."
当这三个神一起离开会议室的是时候,拉洛斯 泽克厌恶的目光追随着他们。他小声的对自己咕哝道,“原来是这样啊,奎利业斯。没错,你有你的盟友。
但是,我,我也有我的。
你的软弱只会让你一败涂地!

让这最后的游戏现在就开始吧!”

Chp 2: The Call of Tranquility
第2章 宁静的召唤

The old man stood in the kitchen of his small home and faced the window, cleaning the dishes from supper while watching the orange glow of sunset gradually descend upon the Commonlands. He loved this twilight time and the calm it brought to the countryside--a rare commodity these days. With Freeport having grown so much over the years and as more and more people built their homes in the surrounding area, tranquility was in short supply.
老人站在他狭小的屋子的厨房窗前,清洗着晚餐的碟子,这时候落日那美丽的橙色光芒正慢慢的褪出公共大陆的地平线。他深爱着这黄昏时刻以及它带给这乡村的平静,可惜这平静现在已经所剩无几了。这些年来随着自由港的不断发展,越来越多的人落户到了周边地区,宁静的田园生活也越来越远离他了。
He finished with the dishes just as the sun sank behind the hillside. His bones ached slightly as he sat down near the firelight, closing his eyes and letting the warmth drift over him. Just as his masters in the Ashen Order had taught him so many years ago, he cleared his mind and began to meditate.
当落日终于落到山的那一边时,他也洗完了碟子。他觉得骨头有点痛,于是他*近炉火坐下,闭上双眼,让这炉火的温暖,漫布全身。然后,就好像当年在灰袍修道会时他师傅曾经教过他的那样,他努力让精神澄净开始进入冥想。
His eyes opened when he heard the knock at the door. It would have startled him had it not been so soft, so rhythmic, almost like a heartbeat. He stood and moved to the doorway, pausing to collect himself. While the Commonlands had become much safer these days, it would not be the first time some brigand had tried to take advantage of a seemingly helpless old man. He flexed his fist and smiled. Yes, the magic was still there if it was needed. He nodded silently to himself and opened the door.
忽然传来的敲门声让他张开了双眼。这敲门声是这样的轻柔,这样的富有节奏,就如同心跳一般,几乎没有惊动他。他站起身来,走向门去,在开门前他停了一下使自己镇定下来。虽然公共大陆这些年来安全多了,但他也不止一次的遇见有强盗试图占这看上去无助的老人的便宜了。他拗了拗手指的关节微笑着准备迎接挑战。是的,如果需要,我的魔力还在。他无声的对自己点点头然后打开了门。
The old man froze. He recognized her instantly, even though he had never set eyes on her before. She was just a small girl, but she glowed with a radiance and warmth that put the firelight to shame. A sense of peace emanated from her, touching him deep inside. Tears welled in his eyes and he swallowed hard, his mouth unable to speak.
老人的身体仿佛一下子凝结了。他几乎瞬间认出了她,虽然之前他从未见过她。她看上去只是个小女孩,但是她浑身放射着让炉火也黯淡无光的光芒和温暖。一种平静的感觉从她的身上源源不断的放射出来,触及他的灵魂深处。眼泪不自觉的涌上他的双眼,他觉得吞咽困难,说不出话来。
She looked up at him and gave him a slight smile. Her voice was like a soft, lingering melody as she spoke. “Hello, disciple.”
她抬起头注视着他然后对他微微一笑。她说话时声音如同轻柔而余音绕梁的旋律“你好,我的信徒。”
He realized he was trembling, despite the sense of belonging that flowed through every cell of his being. He knelt to the ground before her, his voice nearly a whisper. “Is it time to go now? To pass beyond this veil and make my home in Tranquility at last?’
他忽然意识到自己在颤抖,尽管同时一种强烈的归属感也在他的每个细胞里流动着。他在她面前跪下,他的声音轻的像耳语。“是不是到我该去的时候了?是揭开这尘世的面纱最终回到我永恒的宁静中去的时候了?”
She reached out and took his hand, her smile bathing him in warmth. She shook her head. “No, disciple, you cannot rest just yet. I have need of you, now more than ever. Rise and walk with me, for my time here is short and there is much that I must tell you.”
她的手缓缓伸出,最后握住了他的手,她的笑容让他如沐春风。她摇了摇头道:“不是现在,我的信徒,现在你还不能休息。我从未像现在这样需要你。站起来和我一起走,我的时间不多而我有那么多的事必须告诉你。”
He obeyed her instantly, following as she guided him out the door. The land around them was perfectly still, glowing with a kind of preternatural light that allowed him to see and sense everything around him. He breathed deeply and smelled every flower all at once. Suddenly he felt foolish for being filled with such a sense of wonder. Of course she could do this. She could bring forth the serenity from any place.
他即刻遵从了她,跟随她的引导出了门。四周的大地是如此完美的寂静,被一种超自然的光芒照耀着,这光芒让他能看见和感觉到周围的一切。他突然深深的吸了一口气并闻到了每朵花的芳香,这感觉让他惊异。但他马上意识到自己对这一切感到不可思议是多么的愚蠢。当然,她能做到这。她能在任何地方展示这种极致的平静之美。
She kept hold of his hand as they walked. Her voice was soft yet clear. “Troubled times lay ahead, disciple. We stand on the threshold of change, and whether this will come to good or ill I do not know. The future is clouded, even to me. Soon turmoil will fall across the lands. Events have been set in motion that cannot be undone, and dark things will come to pass. My presence will no longer be known here, and strife will take my place.”
在路上她始终握着他的手。她的声音轻柔却清晰,“不平静的日子马上就要到来,我的信徒。我们站在改变的前夜,我并不知道这改变的结果是好是坏。即使对我而言,未来也是阴云密布,不可琢磨。很快混乱会从天而降遍及大地。所有将发生的事都已经开始并无法更改了,黑暗也将再临。我的存在将不为人知,而冲突将取代我的位置。
“No, my mistress, this cannot be,” he pleaded urgently. “Norrath needs your guidance and light. I need it too, so very much.”
“不要啊,我的主人,不能这样啊。”他迫不及待的恳求到。“诺拉斯需要您的指引和光明。我也需要,非常非常的需要。”
She shook her head slowly. “These things are written and cannot be changed. That is why I have come for you. It is time for you to fulfill your destiny and help your world. You must pass down my teachings, and prepare this land for the perils ahead.”
她缓缓的摇头。“事情已经注定,无法改变。这也是我来找你的原因。现在是你完成你命中注定的任务并帮助你的世界的时候了。”你必须把我教给你的传给世人,并且为即将来到这个大地的危险开始准备。”
He fell to his knees in front of her and bowed his head. “I am yours to command, mistress.”
他再一次低下头跪倒在她的面前“我遵从您的命令,我的主人。”
She laid her hands upon his shoulders and spoke, her voice full of kindness and peace. “Then, arise, disciple, and accept your destiny.”
她把她的双手放在他的肩上开始详细的讲解,她的声音充满了仁慈和和睦。最后她结束道:”现在,站起来吧,我的信徒,来接受你的命运。”
He took a deep breath and stood. The ache in his joints was gone and his vision seemed somehow sharper. The wrinkles on his hands had faded, and he felt a new strength surge within them.
他深吸了一口气站了起来。发现纠缠他多年的关节痛已经全然消失,视力不知为何变的更敏锐了,手上的皱纹也无影无踪,他感到新的力量在他体内汹涌澎湃。
“The veil of age has passed away. Your body shall be renewed by my strength now, for as long as you serve me.”
“衰老的假象已经不再。你的身体现在被我的力量重生,而且只要你还为我工作,你的身体会一直这样。”
He bowed his head and spoke, his own voice somehow new and different. “Thank you, mistress. What duty now lies before me?”
他再次低头致谢,他发现自己的声音也不知为何变的崭新且不同“太感谢了,我的主人。现在请告诉我,我的任务是什么?”
“You will be my presence in this land, disciple. You will preserve the ways of Tranquility and teach my principles as the world drifts toward despair. You will be my voice when I must be silent.”
“你将是我在这个世界的代表,我的信徒。你将保存宁静之道并且在世界漂向绝望时把它教给我的信徒。当我不得不保持沉默时,你将是我的声音!”
He nodded. “I will do this gladly and with great honor, mistress. All the lands of Norrath and the skies above will know your teachings.”
他点头道。“我很愿意做这些,实际上,我感到无上光荣,我的主人。诺拉斯所有的大陆和它们之上的天空都会知道您的教诲。”
She grew quiet a moment, her eyes looking toward the moon of Luclin as it glowed brightly above them. Her brow furrowed slightly.
有一瞬间她变的安静,她的双眼望向照亮着他们的路卡林之月。她的眉头微蹵。
“There is more to tell, and time is short. Walk with me, Avatar of Tranquility, and hear my words.”
“还有更多需要告诉你的,时间是这样的短。跟我来,宁静化身,我要你把我的每一个字牢记在心。”
She reached out her hand to him and he took it, walking with her into the cool calm of evening. As their footsteps led him farther still from his old life, he knew his true purpose at last. This was an ending and a beginning, a goodbye and a hello.
她对他伸了出手,他接受了,两人走入夜凉如水的暮色。当他的脚步离旧我越来越远,他最终认识到自己真正的人生目的。这是个开始也是个结束,一次离开的道别和一次相识的问候。
The night was quiet and still. It would not remain that way much longer.
夜晚是如此的从容和寂静。但是,它将很快不是那样了……

Chp 3: Attack on the Nexus
第三章: 那科萨被袭

Ayenden concluded his business in the Bazaar and strolled into the Nexus. The usual crowd of travelers was passing through, and Ayenden thought he might look around for some familiar faces with which to seek adventure. He caught sight of an old friend standing atop the platform. “Enkasha,” he called out. “I didn’t expect to see you here today.”
艾登在市集收摊后决定去那科萨转转。司空见惯的旅行者们熙熙攘攘的走过他的身边,艾登觉得他应该在周围找找看有没有什么熟面孔在,这或许会是一次新冒险的开端呢。忽然他看见了他的一个老朋友正站在月台上。“因卡莎,”他大叫道。“我没想到今天能在这看到你。”
The tall, serene Erudite saw him and smiled slightly. Ayenden knew this was the extent of the emotion she was likely to show. She walked down the stairs and greeted him.
这个看上去高而安详的博学者也看到了他,发自内心的微笑浮上脸庞。艾登知道这已然是她一般愿意表露出的感情的极限了。她开始走下楼梯并向他致意。
“You are correct, my friend. I am indeed overdue for the festival. I was exploring the planes with my guild mates, which took far longer than I had anticipated. I am certain to be chided for my tardiness.”
“你说对了,我的伙伴。这次我真的误点了。我先前正和我的行会伙伴们在神域探索,这耽搁的时间比我预期的多的多。我看我肯定会被骂的。”
“It sounds like a glorious occasion for your people,” Ayenden said. “Are you sure I can’t convince you to take me along as a guest?”
“听上去好像你们博学者要搞一个大聚会啊。“艾登调皮的说道,“你确认我不能说服你带我一起去作客么?”
Enkasha rolled her eyes and sighed, a gesture Ayenden knew to be playful rather than demeaning. “You know full well that the celebration of the anniversary of Erud’s birth is a sacred and private ritual for us. Outsiders are never allowed to attend.”
因卡莎不满地朝他翻了翻白眼叹了口气,一副无可奈何的样子。这白眼艾登太熟悉了,这已经是他们之间默契的玩笑了,没人会以为因卡莎真的在生气。“你明明知道,每年的伊鲁德诞辰周年纪念对我们博学者来说是很神圣和私密的仪式,从来没有外人被允许参加过。”
“Yes, you told me before,” Ayenden muttered. “I hope you will tell me the details later, at least. I’m sure this eighth centennial will be quite an occasion. Who knows, one of you might even tell a joke.”
“嗯,你以前告诉过我。”艾登咕囔着说,“至少我希望你以后能告诉我点细节。我确信这次800周年庆一定会非常盛大。谁知道呢,说不定你们中的一个会讲个笑话给大家庆祝呢。”
Enkasha sighed again, but the faintest of grins betrayed her amusement. “It shall indeed be special, though not for the reason you posit. But enough of this chatter; I must see the scion about teleportation to Odus.”
因卡莎故意又叹了口气,但是还是忍不住露出笑意,虽然是那么不易察觉,但是已经出卖了她的秘密。“这次当然会非常特别,虽然不是因为你说的理由。不管怎样这次谈话到此为止;我要去和后裔谈谈关于传送我去奥都斯的事了。”
Before he could respond, Ayenden’s attention was drawn to a commotion atop the Nexus platform. The air itself seemed to crackle and sputter as a vortex of energy began to swirl. “What in the name of Tunare is that?”
艾登还没来得及答话,传送月台上忽然出现的骚动吸引了他。在那里空气忽然自己噼啪作响起来,一个能量漩涡开始在月台上渐渐的形成。“以土那瑞的名义,那个是什么东西啊?”
Enkasha turned and watched, her eyes narrow. “Something is teleporting into this chamber.”
因卡莎转过头来观察,她咪起眼睛仔细的看了看说“没什么,只是有东西要传送进来而已。”
Ayenden shook his head slowly. “That is no ordinary spell. Someone is opening a doorway to this place, and is expending a great amount of energy to do so.” He muttered the beginnings of an incantation, his eyes fixed upon the growing vortex. “I think perhaps you should be visiting that scion now, my friend.”
艾登缓慢而坚决的摇着头表示异议。“这不是普通的魔法。有人正在打开一个到这里的节界入口,要做到这样需要消耗非常大的能量。”他嘴里一边咕哝着一个咒语的开始几句,一边死死的盯着不断长大中的漩涡。“我想你最好还是赶快去找后裔传送走吧,我的伙伴。”
“Nonsense,” Enkasha protested. “Who else will defend a fragile old wizard like you?” She cast a spell to summon forth a fiery pet and commanded it to stand in front of her. The swirl of energy on the platform above them was expanding rapidly.
“少来,”因卡莎抗议道。“除了我谁会来保护一个象你这样又老又脆的FC巫师呢?”她一边说着一边召唤了一个火宝宝出来,并且命令它站在自己的前面。同时在他们面前那个能量漩涡正在快速的膨胀……
“You pick a curious time to develop a sense of humor, milady. Not that I’m ungrateful, but I really must insist that--“ Ayenden gasped as the portal opened and dark, massive beings began to rush through it. “The Diaku!” he shouted in di**elief. “Get back, Enkasha!”
“你选择了一个奇怪的时刻来练习你的幽默感,我的夫人。我不是不知感激,但是我真的必须坚持我的观点,你……”艾登气喘吁吁的说着。这时传送门的入口已经打开,黑暗而强壮的生物开始通过传送门冲了进来。“迪亚库!!”他简直无法置信,大叫起来。“退后,因卡莎!”
The huge, heavily armored soldiers poured through the opening with weapons drawn. They stormed down the stairway toward the crowds that had gathered and began to attack.
这些巨大的穿着厚重铠甲的战士们潮水般的从入口涌入,手上拿着出鞘的武器。它们咆哮着冲下台阶杀向下面集结完毕开始战斗的人群。
“What are they doing outside the Plane of Tactics?” Enkasha cried out. Instinctively she bolstered her pet and ordered it forward as a soldier charged her. The Nexus was now flooded with adventurers from the Bazaar and Shadowhaven, but more Diaku continued to charge out of the gateway. “There are so many!” she exclaimed. “We cannot stop them.”
“它们到战术神域外面来干什么?”因卡莎大声呼喊道。几乎是下意识的,她指挥她的宝宝前进,挡住了一个向她冲来的战士。那科萨现在充满了从集市和舍得海文来援的冒险者们,但是更多的迪亚库前仆后继的从传送门内冲出。“太多了!!”她惊叫道。“我们挡不住它们的。”
“Let me translocate you away, Enkasha,” Ayenden pleaded. “Now is the time for neither jokes nor pride.”
“让我把你传送走吧,因卡莎,”艾登简直就是在恳求了,“现在不是开玩笑或者要面子的时候了。”
“No, I will stand here and defend this place,” she countered, healing her pet as it fought against a Diaku swordsman. “But you must go and warn others. We need reinforcements.”
“不,我要留在这儿,我要保护这里。”她一边反驳,一边治疗她的正在和一个迪亚库剑士格斗的宝宝。“而你,你必须走,并且警告其他人。我们需要增援!”
“I will not leave you!” Energy bolts flew from his fingertips as more planar invaders kept coming.
“我绝对不会离开你的!”能量矢从他的指尖飞出射向越来越多的来自神域的入侵者,但这只是杯水车薪。
“Which of us is being prideful? You must go, and go now. I think something else is coming through the portal.”
“你说我们谁更爱面子来者?你必须走,马上走。我觉得还有什么别的东西也正在从传送门那端走来。”
From behind the Diaku came tall beings whose very heads seemed to be made of fire, their massive weapons burning with the arcane power of their master.
这时在迪亚库们的身后,出现了一群高大的生物,它们的脑袋看上去是火焰做成的,厚重的武器上也带着它们的主人所拥有的神秘力量所带来的火焰。
“By all the gods!” Ayenden hissed. “Those are the servants of Solusek Ro. And they seem to be carrying a massive gem of some sort with them.”
“我的天啊!“艾登倒抽了一口冷气。“那些是索罗赛可 洛的仆人们。它们似乎在把一块不知道干什么用的大块宝石搬运过来。”
Enkasha was pouring all her strength into her pet, struggling against the assault of the Diaku. “There can be no more delay. We need help, Ayenden. Go now!”
因卡莎几乎把所有的力量都倾注在她的宝宝身上,苦苦抵挡着迪亚库的攻击。“不能再延误了。我们需要帮助,艾登。现在就走!!”
He wanted desperately to stay by her side but knew that she was right. Ayenden cast his gate spell and waited for it to spirit him away. “I’ll be back soon. Stand fast, my friend.” As reality began to shimmer around him, he saw a Diaku archer take aim at Enkasha from atop the platform. He tried to call out to warn her, but before he could utter a sound he was gone.
他近乎绝望的希望留在她的身边,但是他知道——她是对的,我们需要支援,需要警告其他人。艾登开始施放他的传送门魔法并静静的等待着魔法带他离开。“我马上回来。坚持住,我的伙伴。”在传送魔法的作用下,他周围的现实空间开始扭曲变形,他依稀看到一个迪亚库弓箭手正从月台上面偷偷的瞄准了因卡莎。他想要大叫来提醒她,但是还来不及发声,魔法启动了,他消失了……

The familiar scent of the Faydark filled his nostrils, instantly replacing the stench of burning air that had permeated the Nexus just moments before. Teleportation was always vaguely disconcerting, but no more so than this night. He turned and sprinted down the pathways he had learned so well in his youth.
又是费达克那熟悉的气味充满了他的鼻腔,取代了几秒前那科萨那熊熊烈焰带来的恶臭。每次使用传送魔法,他总是感到有些莫名的不安,但是从来没象今夜这样强烈,他隐约觉得有些不对。来不及细想,他转身跑向身后的小路,啊,熟悉的小路啊,遍布我童年的足迹……

At last he caught sight of the guards outside the grand city of Felwithe. “Sound the alarm!” he shouted. “The Nexus is being attacked!”
终于他看到了哨兵的伟岸的身影,在伟大的精灵城市——费德维尔雄伟的轮廓笼罩下。“快拉警报!”他大叫道。“那科萨被袭击了!”
Ayenden charged past the various people milling around the open gate and ran inside. He had to tell the paladins to gather their forces. This invasion may take an entire legion of knights to repel.
艾登发疯似的冲过敞开的城门前形形色色的正在磨面的人们,跑了进去。他必须告诉圣堂骑士们马上集合他们的军队。这次入侵可能需要整个军团的骑士才能击退。
The captain of the guard walked toward the wizard, flanked by his lieutenant. “What is this attack you speak of? Tell me quickly.”
守卫队长走向巫师,边上跟着他的副官。“你所说的袭击到底是怎么回事?赶快告诉我!”
Ayenden gulped for air as he told the captain what had transpired. The captain considered the wizard's words for a moment, then turned to his lieutenant. “Send word to the king of what is transpiring. Tell him we may need additional reinforcements. I will bring a squadron with me to hold these beings back.”
在向队长讲述发生的一切的过程中,艾登一直不停的大声吸气,恐惧和焦虑让他呼吸困难。队长略微思考了一下巫师的话,然后转过身对他的副官命令道,“把发生的一切转告国王。告诉他我们可能需要另外的增援。我会带一个骑兵中队先过去挡住那些生物。”
The lieutenant saluted and marched quickly down the corridor. The captain pointed back toward the city gate. “Meet me outside. I must gather my forces, and then we will need you to take us to the Nexus.”
副官敬了个礼,然后快速的走下回廊,报信去了。队长指着身后的城门说道,“在那外面等我。我必须去集合我的军队,然后我们需要你带我们去那科萨。”
Ayenden nodded and ran back outside. After what seemed an eternity, the captain and his guard arrived, accompanied by additional wizards.
艾登点了点头然后跑回城门外。虽然只是片刻等待,对他来说也象永恒那么久,队长和他的卫兵们终于到达,和他们在一起的还有另外的一些巫师。
“Weave your magic and take us to the Nexus,” the captain ordered. Ayenden began to cast immediately, and as he chanted the spell he felt the familiar gathering of energy around him and his passengers. But suddenly the gate collapsed and the spell was broken.
“施法吧,带我们去那科萨,”队长命令道。艾登马上开始施法,当他吟唱着咒语时,他感觉到那再熟悉不过的传送能量开始聚集在他和他的旅客周围,一切看上去很正常。忽然,传送门崩溃了,魔法被打断了。
Ayenden cursed to himself and began to cast again. This time his power seemed lessened, despite the fact that he had been meditating for the last several minutes. He looked at the captain and shook his head.
艾登急得开始诅咒自己,迫不及待的再次施法。这次他的力量似乎更弱了,尽管事实上他之前几分钟为了施法刚刚特意冥想过。他抬起头看着队长自责的摇了摇头。
The captain turned to his wizards. “You take us there,” he ordered. They began to cast, but their spells fizzled as well.
队长转向他带来的巫师们,“把我们带到那,”他命令道。那些巫师开始施法,但是他们的魔法也都失败了。
“I cannot explain this,” one of them said aloud. The others were just as baffled.
“我无法解释这,”他们中的一个大声说道。其他的人也一样感到困惑。
“We must go to the spires. The scion can take us there,” Ayenden pleaded. The captain nodded and ordered his soldiers forward.
“我们必须去尖顶传送环了。后裔会带我们去那里的,”艾登恳求道,队长点头表示同意并指挥他的士兵们向那前进。
This run seemed far longer to Ayenden than the last one had, but finally they reached the gigantic forest spires. He knew something was wrong before they got there. The familiar hum was gone, and the scion stood alone at the center of the spires.
这次的行军对艾登来说似乎比先前那次还要长的多,总算最终他们到达了那巨大的森林尖顶传送环。还没有到那他就觉得有东西不对。那熟悉的传送环发出的嗡嗡声不见了,往日车水马龙的传送环,也只有后裔一个人孤零零的站在中央。
“What is it? What has happened?” Ayenden cried out. “Tell us!”
“怎么了?发生了什么?”艾登忍不住大叫道。“快告诉我们!”
The scion looked around helplessly. “They’re dead,” he said softly. “The spires are silent.”
后裔无助的望着四周,“他们死了,”他微弱的说,“传送环沉默了…………”
Ayenden stood, his mouth agape. He looked up at the sky, feeling more lost than he could ever remember. He thought of his friend so far away.
一瞬间,艾登站在那里,呆若木鸡,张口结舌。他抬起头看着天空,看着孤零零悬在空中的路卡林,感到记忆中从未有过的失落。他想到了他的朋友,现在他们相隔如此遥远。
“I’m sorry, Enkasha,” he whispered to the clinging darkness of the night. “I’m so sorry.”
“对不起,因卡莎,”他对着漆黑的夜空低声的自言自语。“我真的,真的对不起……”

Chp 4 Awakening
第4章 觉醒

Urduuk woke up feeling much the same way. More, perhaps. Definitely not less.
每个早晨乌尔都克醒来时都有同样的感觉。年复一年,这样的感觉一次比一次强烈,从来没有减退过。
He rubbed his eyes and looked around, noticing that Karna was cooking breakfast. He shook his massive head. "How is it that we live like this?" he asked aloud.
这个早晨他再次从睡梦中醒来,揉着惺忪的睡眼四顾,一切如旧,破旧的房间,在忙碌的做着早饭的卡娜,什么都没改变。他用力摇了摇他的大脑袋,试图摆脱梦中的幻境,然而他无法摆脱。“为什么我们要过着这样的生活?”他大声问道。
"What?" she grunted back at him. "Live like what?"
“啥?”卡娜咕噜着反问道,一边继续忙碌。“怎样的生活?”
"This place," he said, rising to his feet, "it''s nothing more than a jumble of rocks with some crude rugs on the floor. Yet we''ve lived like this for years and never thought twice about it. Doesn''t that seem odd to you?"
“这个地方,”他继续说,一边下床站了起来,“除了一堆烂石头和地板上那几块破布什么都没有!而这样的生活我们居然忍受了这么多年,而且还习以为常。你不觉得这很奇怪么?”
Karna was baffled. "This place is our home. Oggok is as it has been all of our lives. I don''t understand this sudden... change in your thinking."
卡娜显然被搞糊涂了,“可是这里就是我们的家啊。奥格克一直就是我们生活的全部。我搞不清楚你……怎么会突然想到这个,你好像忽然变了一个人啊。”
"Dissatisfaction, you mean? Don''t you feel it, Karna? Don''t you feel something rising up within you? It''s as if a fog has slowly been receding and my mind understands things for the first time. We are a race of kings, Karna. Once we held all of Norrath in the palm of our hand. Yet for centuries our people have lived in a city that is nothing more than a shambling pile of stones and rotting vines. Doesn''t that seem ridiculous to you? Doesn''t that seem absurd?"
“你是说,突然想到不满么?难道你就不觉得,卡娜?你不觉得某种东西正在你的体内觉醒?就好像一直围绕着你脑子里的迷雾慢慢散去,然后你忽然发现你第一次开始懂事了。"我们,巨魔,是一个要做国王的种族,卡娜。曾经整个诺拉斯都攥在我们手里。然而,几百年来我们的人民居然一直生活在这样一个除了乱七八糟的破石块和腐烂中的藤蔓杂草外什么都没有的破烂城市里。难道这些你不觉得可笑么?难道这些不荒谬么?”
She bared her teeth and slowly shook her head. "My mind... it''s fuzzy, Urduuk. It scares me a little. I know of what you speak, but still... it''s like I''m trudging slowly through deep water. I want so much to move faster, but I simply cannot."
卡娜露出牙齿迷惑得摇了摇头。“我的脑袋……有点晕,乌尔都克。这些有点让我害怕了。我想我知道你在说什么,但是还是……这就好像我在很深的水里吃力的走,只能缓缓移动,我也想走得快些,但是我就是做不到。”
He wrapped his huge arms around her and pulled her close to him. "I''m sorry, my love. I do not mean to upset you. But I can see it in myself and in the others. I can hear it in the way we speak. Something about us is changing, Karna. We are not what we once were."
他用他粗壮的双手把卡娜搂进怀里*近他,“对不起,亲爱的,我不是想要让你不安的。但我从自己和其他人身上看到的,从我们的言谈里听到的,都是这些不满。我们身上的某些东西正在改变,卡娜,我们不再是从前的我们了。”
"I think you are right, Urduuk," she said, almost vulnerably. She squeezed him because it made her feel better to do so.
“我想你是对的,乌尔都克,”她忽然变得很脆弱,应声道。心中的不安让卡娜不知所措,她只能紧紧的抱住他,只有这样才让她的感觉好些。
He kissed her brow. "That''s enough nonsense out of me for now. What about that breakfast?"
他吻了吻她的额头,“我想我今天说了太多废话了。还是让我们来看看早饭吧?亲爱的。”

"Pathetic," he muttered angrily to himself. Then, to the old man, "Are you sure this is all of them?"
“这太可悲了!”他愤怒的对自己咕囔着。然后他转向身边的老人问道,“你确定只有这些么?这就是全部了么?”
The silver-crested ogre slowly shook his head. "I have told you twice already that it is. We simply have not kept many written records of our history, young man. Those scrolls and tablets are all that our shamans have scribed over the centuries."
这个带着银色头饰的巨魔不耐的摇摇头,说道:”我都告诉你两次了,就是这些了!我们的确没有保留太多的关于我们历史的文字记录,年轻人。这些卷轴和石板就是我们的撒满这几百年来抄录下来的全部了。”
"Ridiculous!" he hissed to himself as the old man sat down. "It''s as if our entire civilization has been in a stupor. Stories have been passed down from one generation to the next through the telling, but there is so little concrete information. And this shambles of a library is laughable. Even the cursed frogloks have better books than these." Urduuk pushed the scrolls and tablets away and clenched his fist.
“太可笑了!”他不满的自言自语着,老人自顾自的坐下了。“好像我们的整个文明一直在昏迷中。故事通过口口相授一代代的流传下来,但是一点看得到的记录都没有。这样一个废墟一样的图书馆简直是个笑话。就连该死的蛤蟆的书都比我们的书好。”乌尔都克把面前的卷轴和石板推开,站起身来,拳头紧握。
"What''s that, young one?" the old ogre asked. "Did you find the answers you seek?"
“怎么了,年轻人?”老巨魔注意到了他的举动,问道:“你找到你要的答案了么?”
"Sadly, I think I have, old one." Urduuk shook his head. "At least, the only answer there is to find." He stood up and walked out of the library, his feet pounding angrily on the crumbled cobblestones of the street.
“这一切太可悲了,但我想我还是找到了,老头。”乌尔都克悲哀的摇着他的头。“至少。找到了这里唯一能找到的……答案。”他起身走出了图书馆,怒气冲冲的脚步声沿着破旧古老的鹅卵石街道渐渐远去……

"Be careful how you speak to your chieftain, Urduuk. My word is law here in Oggok."
“注意你的态度,你是和你的酋长在说话,乌尔都克。我的话在这,奥格克,就是法律!”
Urduuk held his tongue a moment before speaking again. "I meant no offense, Chieftain Orrek. I simply feel there is a better approach."
乌尔都克沉默了一下但还是再次开口说道,“我不想冒犯您,奥瑞克酋长。我只是觉得这是个更好的办法。”
"My plan is sound. We will expand our farmlands and feed our bellies. We will strengthen our outposts in the Feerrott and ensure that our borders are safe. Oggok will grow and prosper under my hand."
“我的计划更加有意义一些。我们将会开垦更多的田地并且大家都能填饱肚子。我们同时会巩固我们在费洛特的前哨来确保我们边界的安全。奥格克将会在我手上发展繁荣。”
"We need to do more than survive! We are not a race of farmers, Orrek. We are a race of warriors and kings. Norrath knew our domination once, and it must know it again. But we will never see that glory if we till the soil like oafish farmhands."
“我们需要做的远不是生存下去而已!!我们不是那些做农奴的种族,奥瑞克。我们是做武士做国王的种族。全诺拉斯都曾经领教到我们才是真正的统治者,现在他们必须再次懂得这个道理。但是要是我们象白痴农奴那样去耕地,我们永远也看不到这样的荣耀!”
"Your tone offends me, Urduuk. Say another word and I''ll have you in chains before this assembly."
“你的语气冒犯了我,乌尔都克。再敢说一个字我就当场把你锁起来,就在这集会上!”
"Assembly? Are you joking? Look around you," he said, gesturing at the crowd in the square surrounding them. "The center of our city is nothing more than broken boulders and fetid ponds. How can this be enough for you?" He looked at the other citizens. "How can this be enough for any of you?" Many of the ogres murmured in agreement.
“在集会上?你在开玩笑么?张开你的眼睛,好好的看看你的周围。”他对着广场上围绕着他们的人群做了个手势,然后对他们说道。“这个我们城市的所谓中心,不过只是些支离破碎的石头和臭气熏天的池塘而已。你们怎么会觉得这样就足够了呢?”接着他转过身面对另一边的市民,继续煽动道。“你们中有谁觉得这就足够了,可以了,能够满足你了?”很多巨魔都受到煽动,发出赞同的低吼声。
The chieftain sensed the dissent growing around him. "Enough! I lead this city, and I determine its course. This meeting is over."
酋长感觉到周围反对他的声音正在不断壮大,他及时制止道,“够了!是我,领导这个城市;也是我,决定它要怎样发展。这次会议就到这了。散会!”
"It is not!" Urduuk growled. "It is time for us to show the courage to embrace our destiny."
“还没结束!”乌尔都克咆哮道。“现在正是时候!我们要拿出我们的勇气来抓住这命中注定的机会。”
"Those are the words," announced a deep, booming voice, "that I have waited for one of you to speak."
“就是这话!”一个低沉的带着轰鸣的声音忽然响起,“我等待了那么久,今天,你们中终于有人说出来了!”
Urduuk turned and gasped, as did the crowd. Out of nowhere a massive figure stood, twice as tall as any ogre, with a thick, imposing frame. It wore dark metallic armor that seemed to faintly glow with power, and a horned helm that hung just above its burning eyes. It was like an ogre but more than an ogre, a creature of power and terror and death.
乌尔都克蓦然转身忽然开始不住的喘息,所有在场的人也都和他一样。眼前的景象太惊人了,从虚空之中走出一个巨大的身影,大约有两个巨魔那么高,身躯伟岸,仪态庄严。它穿着闪耀着力量微光的黑色金属铠甲,带着装饰着双角的头盔,双眼闪烁着熊熊火焰。它看上去是个巨魔的模样,但是远不止是个巨魔,它是力量、恐怖和死亡的化身。
Urduuk stood transfixed for a moment, then stammered a question almost in a whisper. "Lord... Lord Rallos?''
乌尔都克呆呆的站在那好一会,才结结巴巴的问到,声音轻的好像耳语,“拉……拉洛斯大人?”
"No," answered the voice, echoing throughout the square. "I am not your maker, but rather the one who has remained behind to carry out his will. I am the hand of Zek while he must be absent. And I am the one who will guide you to once again dominate all of Norrath."
“不,”那个声音回答道,带来的巨大的回声在广场上来回振荡,“我不是你们的创造者,而是,更确切的说,他留在凡间来完成他意愿的人。在泽克必须缺席时我就是他的双手。除了这些,最重要的是,我就是来指引你们重新统治整个诺拉斯的那个人!”
Urduuk looked over at the chieftain, who stood awed and terrified. Urduuk sneered at him and then turned back to the dark figure. "Avatar of War, emissary of our maker, we live and die at your command. Tell us what to do."
乌尔都克回头查看他们的酋长大人,后者因为敬畏和恐惧木立当场。乌尔都克轻蔑的笑了笑然后转身面对那黑暗的身影。“战神的化身,造物者之使,我们将服从你的命令,无论生存还是死亡,直到最后的胜利。现在请告诉我们,我们要做什么.”
A dark smile seemed to cross the being''s otherworldly face for a moment. "You will build. You will waste no time growing wheat or baking bread. You will take what you need from others and make this a city fit for kings. You will expand your knowledge and relearn the dark arts lost to you for so long. You will raise a new Rallosian Army that shall conquer the world and wipe out the children of the lesser gods once and for all. This is your destiny, son of Zek. Will you make it yours, or will you wander about the jungle with lizards and toads?"
似乎在一瞬间,一个阴郁的笑容曾掠过这生物那不属于这世界的脸庞,然后它说道:“你们将创建。你们将不再会浪费时间去种什么麦子,烤什么面包。你们将从其他人那里拿到你们需要的一切,并且把这个地方变成一个配的上国王们居住的城市。你们将扩展你们的知识并且重新学习你们已经忘却那么久的黑色艺术。你们将兴起新的拉洛斯信徒们组成的大军。然后征服世界,最后把那些次要神袛的子民们一次性也是永久性的从这世上抹去。这就是你们的命运,泽克之子们!现在告诉我!你们是愿意获得这一切,还是愿意继续在这倒霉的丛林里和爬虫蛤蟆一起瞎转?”
Urduuk stepped forward and stood in front of the avatar. "We will seize our destiny. We will build a new city of Rallos that will be grander than any other on Norrath. One by one the lands of those who oppose us will be burned to the ground. On this you have my blood oath. We will not fail."
乌尔都克走了出来站到化身面前。“我们将抓住这次命运给予的机会。我们将建造一座新的拉洛斯之城,一座比诺拉斯上其他一切城市都雄伟得多的城市。那些反抗我们的人的土地会一个接一个的被夷为平地。我们以我们的鲜血起誓,这些都会被实现!我们不会让你失望的!”
The avatar reached to his side and drew a runed, flaming blade. He touched it to Urduuk''s shoulder and watched as the ogre refused to flinch. The avatar nodded. "You, Urduuk, will be my general. You will lead your people to their rightful destiny. By the touch of Soulfire I ordain this to be so." He sheathed the blade and drew a second weapon from his belt. "This sword was blessed by Vallon Zek and forged in the fires of Drunder. The unholy blade Vel''Arek must drink the blood of the weak, and in turn it will make you strong. Use it to claim what is yours, Urduuk."
化身走近他的身边抽出一把刻着密文燃烧着诡异火焰的长剑。他用它轻触了乌尔都克的肩膀,巨魔毫不退缩的接受了这赐封。化身看着他欣赏的点了点头,说道:“你,乌尔都克,将成为我的大将军。你将领导你的人民获得他们应有的生活。以魂火之触为证,我命此如斯。”化身把长剑回鞘,然后从它的腰带上拔出了第二把武器。“这把长剑被瓦伦 泽克所赐福,在杜兰德的烈焰中铸造而成。邪恶之剑 梵 阿瑞克 必须痛饮弱者的鲜血,然后作为回报它会使你更加强大。现在,用它来夺取你所该拥有的,乌尔都克。”
Urduuk took hold of the massive weapon and felt its weight. It looked as if it would take two hands to wield it, but he could easily swing it with one. It had a long, dark blade with ancient words inscribed down the length of it. He looked up at the avatar a moment, then turned and walked to Chieftain Orrek. "Would you still have us be farmers, chieftain? Would you still have us be weak?"
乌尔都克接过这把巨大的武器并感觉到了它的重量。它看上去似乎必须要用双手才能挥动,但是现在他可以轻易的用一只手耍弄。它的剑刃绵长而黑暗,上面用远古文字镌刻着它的剑长。他抬头看了化身一眼,然后转身走向奥瑞克酋长。“你还要我们做农奴么?酋长。你还要我们那样软弱么?”他轻蔑的问道。
"I... have devoted my life to the service of Zek," he stammered nervously. "I will not fail him."
“我……我为泽克服务了终身,”他紧张的有些结巴了。“我不会让他失望的。”
"You are correct, chieftain, for your death shall serve him as well." Urduuk thrust the blade forward suddenly and drove it through the chieftain''s chest, staring into the ogre''s eyes as he crumpled to the ground. Urduuk withdrew the blade and lifted it to the sky, watching as it seemed to drink in the blood of the fallen chieftain.
“你说对了,酋长,不过这次,倒不如让你的死来为他服务吧。”乌尔都克猛然刺出长剑穿透了酋长的胸部,然后他目不转睛的盯着酋长死不瞑目的双眼,直到他缓缓的瘫倒在地。乌尔都克从尸体上拔出剑举向天空,看着它,这剑似乎正在痛饮这死去酋长的鲜血。
"This," boomed the voice of the avatar, "is the force of will necessary to rule these lands. Even now my ally, the Avatar of Flame, is bringing this same message to the orc legions. Together the children of Zek will conquer this world and cleanse it of elves and men."
“这!”化身的轰鸣声再次传来,“这就是统治这些土地所必须的意志力!就是现在,我的盟友,火焰化身,也正在把这同样的消息带给兽人军团们。泽克子民们团结在一起将征服这个世界把污染它的精灵和人类清除干净。”
"The word of Zek shall guide us, Avatar," General Urduuk proclaimed. "We will build this city and your army. We will learn the dark magics and once again become the masters of this realm."
“泽克之语将引导我们,化身,”乌尔都克将军大声宣布到。“我们将建造这个城市以及您的军队;我们将学习黑暗魔法并且,再一次的,成为这个世界的主人!”
The avatar watched as the ogres knelt before their ruler. Urduuk narrowed his eyes and looked to the east. "And when the time is right," he said with disdain, "Gukta and the wretched frogloks will be the first to fall."
化身在一旁看着争先恐后的向新统治者跪拜的无数巨魔,若有所思。而乌尔都克却咪起双眼眺望东方。“当时机到来,”他轻蔑的自语到,“古柯塔和那些可怜的蛤蟆会是第一个被毁灭的!”
ts

发帖
白金币
威望
人气
昵称
我玩过
D2,石器,EQ,EQ2,EVE,激战,指环王
正在玩
FF14
爱好
只看该作者 沙发  发表于: 2007-05-27
Chp: 5 A Moment of Reflexion
第5章:沉思时刻

The ranger’s footsteps made no sound as he climbed toward the summit. No rock was loosed, no twig snapped; it was as if nature itself carried him along his path.
游侠悄无声息的向顶峰攀爬着。不碰落一个石子,不折断一根小枝,他的动作是这样和谐完美,就好像造化本身将他一路带往那儿似的。
He reached the top and saw the monk sitting with his back to him. The monk seemed to be looking out over the landscape, the Plains of Karana to the west and the Commonlands to the east. The ranger approached silently, drawing closer to the one he came seeking.
很快,他到达了山巅。他看见一个僧侣正坐在那儿,背对着他。那僧侣似乎正在俯览着眼前的大地。在他脚下,西面看是人烟稀少的卡拉那大平原,东方则是人口稠密的公共大陆。游侠静静的向前移动,一点一点的*近他的目标。
“Welcome, Avatar,” the monk said without turning. “Have the preparations been made?”
“欢迎你,化身,”僧侣忽然发声,他依然没有转身却显然早已发现了游侠,“你那的准备工作搞定了么?”
The ranger stopped and smiled to himself. “The rangers of Surefall stand ready, while the Knights of Thunder are assembling their forces. And you, my friend, have excellent hearing.”
游侠停了下来自嘲的笑了笑。“舒法丛林的游侠们都准备好了,雷电骑士们也正在集结。而你,我的朋友,你的耳朵真是了不得。”
“It was not my ears that told me you were coming, I assure you. Your skills are unmatched. Karana chose well.”
“不是我的耳朵告诉我你来了,我向你担保,你的技术无与伦比。卡拉那不会选错人的。”
“I still wonder if that is true,” the ranger replied. “It seems only yesterday that I was merely Askr the Lost, a refugee stranded in a cave in the Plane of Storms. Why would Karana choose someone like me to serve him?”
“我倒还很担心他选错了,”游侠回答道,“这一切来得太突然,昨天我还好像只是那个微不足道的阿斯克尔,他们都叫我失落者,一个被困在风暴神域的洞里进退两难的逃亡者。为什么卡拉那会选择象我这样的一个人来完成他的任务呢?”
The monk rose and turned toward the ranger. “It is natural to question yourself, especially when there is so much at stake. But just as I must trust in the wisdom of Quellious, so you must trust in the decision of your master. Whatever you once were, you are now the Avatar of Storms, and you have a duty before you.”
那僧侣起身转向游侠说。“我知道你会怀疑自己,这是很自然的。特别是当卡拉那把那么大的赌注压在你身上的时候。但是,正如我必须相信奎利业斯的智慧,你也必须相信你主人的决定。不管你曾经是谁,你现在是风暴化身,而且在你必须负担起这个责任。”
The ranger nodded. “You are right. Please forgive my doubts. When the time comes, I will do what is needed.”
游侠点了点头,说道,“你是对的。请原谅我先前的疑惑。当那天到来,我会做我必须做的事的。”
The monk smiled. “I know you will, my friend. May we both prove worthy for the task ahead of us.”
僧侣微笑了,“我知道你会的,我的朋友。让我们共同祝愿,在即将到来的挑战中,我们能不辱使命。”
“And what of your preparations, Avatar? Will Freeport be ready?”
“那么你的准备工作做的如何了呢?化身。自由港那准备好了么?”
The monk’s brow furrowed. “Though few in number, the Knights of Truth will return to defend the city. Their sense of duty is unwavering. It was not so easy to secure the same assurance from the Ashen Order, however. Strife has arisen within their ranks, and many wish to ignore their obligation and remain isolated in their desert fortress. Thankfully I was able to convince them otherwise. As for the city itself, it is as I suspected. The Overlord refuses to believe any army could challenge his reign, and has chosen to ignore the warnings. Still, we can be certain he will defend his borders when he sees he has no other choice left.”
僧侣的皱了皱眉。“虽然数量不多,真理骑士还是答应回来保卫城市。他们的责任感是不会动摇的,然而,要从灰袍修道院那得到同样的保证就不是这么容易了。他们军队中的内斗越来越厉害,很多人不想履行自己的义务宁愿躲在他们的沙漠要塞里做壁上观。感谢上苍,我还是用其他方法说服了他们。至于这个城市自己,就象我先前担心的那样,最高统治者不愿意相信有任何军队能挑战他的统治,对我们的警告完全不当回事。不过,很快,当他发现他自己别无选择时,肯定会起来保护自己的边境,所以我们也不必担心。”
The ranger nodded. “I sensed reluctance on the part of the Bayle family as well. They seem unwilling to accept that the Rallosian Army could be rising again, despite all the evidence shown to them.”
游侠同意的点点头,“我也感觉到拜尔皇族在答应的时候有点不甘不愿。他们似乎还不愿接受这个事实,那就是拉洛斯大军再一次的复兴了,尽管所有的证据都说明了这点。”
“Kings and dictators see only what they want to see,” the monk said. “But there comes a time when the truth can no longer be ignored. And that time is fast approaching.”
“国王和独裁者只看到他们想看到的,”僧侣接口道,“但是终会有一天,事实将无法再被视而不见。而且这一天正飞速降临。”
“Aye. The orcs in the north will move soon. I do not believe Halas will be able to withstand their assault.”
“是啊。北方的兽人很快就会开始行动。我不认为哈勒斯能抵挡他们的进攻。”
“I have similar fears for Gukta. The ogres eye it jealously, and their leader harbors a fierce hatred for the frogloks. But the Guktans refuse to leave the lands they believe Marr gave to them, no matter the cost.”
“我对古柯塔也有同样的担忧。巨魔一直嫉恨的盯着它,并且他们的首领对蛙人抱有强烈的恨意。但是古柯塔人不愿意离开那,他们认为那是玛尔赐予他们的土地,他们不惜任何代价都要守住。”
The ranger moved to the edge of the mountaintop and looked around him. From this peak it seemed he could see to the very ends of Antonica. He sighed and lowered his head. “So much death is coming. Are you sure there is no other way?”
游侠走到山顶平地的边缘,四下眺望。从这里他似乎能看到安东尼卡大陆的最远端。他轻叹一声低下头说道,“马上就要有那么多的死亡降临了。你确定没有其他方法了么?”
The monk was silent for a moment, then spoke softly yet certainly. “I wish there was another answer, but there is not. Though the gateway to the Realm of Discord was closed, its influence still holds Norrath in its grasp. Balance must be restored to the lands and this Age of War must finally be ended. But there is a terrible price to be paid. Our duty is to see that these two cities survive, for in the dark times ahead, the strength of both will be needed.”
僧侣沉默了一会,然后轻柔但坚定的说道,“我但愿我能给你另一个答案,但是事实不是如此。虽然通向混沌之门的传送口被关闭了,它的影响仍旧牢牢的控制着诺拉斯。大地上的平衡必须被恢复,这战争年代也必须被终结。但是这些必须付出可怕的代价。我们的责任是保证这两个城市在这战乱中幸存下来,因为在之后到来的黑暗世纪中,这两个城市的力量缺一不可。”
The ranger nodded and faced the monk. “Then we shall not fail. My only regret is that we cannot save more of them.”
游侠再次点头同意,转过脸来看着僧侣。“所以,我们决不能失败。我只是遗憾我们无法拯救更多的人。”
The monk closed his eyes and was silent. The ranger watched him, wondering if his ally knew more than he was telling. Minutes passed with no words between them. Finally the monk spoke.
僧侣闭上双眼进入静默。游侠饶有兴趣的看着他,想知道在他盟友沉默的外表下是否藏着更多的秘密未告诉他。时间分分秒秒的逝去,两人始终不发一言。最终,僧侣开口了。
“Listen to that sound, and remember it.”
“倾听那声音吧,然后,把它铭刻在心。”
“What sound?”
“什么声音?”
“Silence,” the monk said as he turned and walked away from the ranger. “It will not linger long.”
“寂静之声”(Thanks Silence, my old friend.I want to talk with you again..... #)说完这,僧侣转身离去,渐渐走远,他最后的声音遥遥传来,“它不会逗留很久了。”
The ranger watched him go, and then he turned back to the peak’s edge. “Nothing does,” he said to the wind. “Nothing does.”
游侠默默的看着他走远,然后他转过身回到山巅的边缘。“世事无常,”他对着风自言自语道,“世事无常啊…………”

Chp 6:Fall of Gukta
第6章:古柯塔陷落

"By the sacred name of Marr… there are so many of them!"
“以玛尔的圣名起誓……他们实在是太多了!”
Kyruk stood atop the gate and surveyed the carnage below. The Rallosian Army seemed endless, extending as far into the swamp as his eyes could see. Over the last few years the ogres had sent many raiding parties into Innothule, but nothing close to this.
开鲁可站在城门上观察着脚下的战场。拉洛斯大军的队伍看上去没有尽头,一直延伸到他目力可及的沼泽最远处。在过去的几年里,巨魔派出过许多劫掠队到伊诺土勒沼泽来,但是从未象这样过。
Captain Gormuk signaled his archers to fire another volley at the Rallosian cavalry and turned to his friend. "Numbers do not matter, for these devils have no honor in their hearts. They will fall as other invaders have."
高木克队长示意他的弓箭手们对拉洛斯骑兵队进行了一次齐射,然后转过身来招呼他的老友。“数量并不重要,这些的恶魔心中没有荣誉感。他们会象其他的入侵者一样的落荒而逃。”
Kyruk shook his head. "I do not think honor will be enough this day. They will soon breach the walls of Gukta and enter the city. If they reach the hatchery…"
开鲁克摇摇头,显然不同意他的观点。“我不觉得今天光*荣誉感就足够了。他们马上就会攻破古柯塔的城墙进入城市。如果他们到达孵化所……”
"No!" croaked Gormuk, firing an arrow of his own. "Do not think such things! Marr will preserve us as he always has!"
“休想!”高木克嘶哑着喉咙叫喊到,一边又向敌人射了一箭。“不用考虑那些事!玛尔会保护我们的,就象他一直做的那样!”
Kyruk chanted an incantation and gestured. Comets of ice rained down from his webbed fingers onto the ogres below. But for every ogre that fell, it seemed three more took its place.
开鲁克一边念咒一边施法。寒冰彗星从他的蹼手中释放出来,砸向脚下的巨魔群。但是每有一个巨魔倒下,马上就有至少三个巨魔接替他的位置。
"The tunnels, Gormuk! You must order the constables to gather the eggs and take the civilians into the tunnels, or all will be lost."
“隧道,高木克!你必须带领巡官们把卵收集起来和市民们一起撤退到隧道里去,否则一切都完了!”
The captain fired more arrows, muttering a prayer with each. The ogres brought catapults to the front of their ranks as their mages summoned huge spheres of flame to launch at the walls. Gormuk could see the fight slipping away from them. "We have fought long and hard for this place. So many battles with the trolls... so much bloodshed. How can we just abandon it? How can we do that to the one who gave us his sacred blessing?"
队长射出更多的箭,每射一箭嘴里还念念有词的祈祷着。巨魔们把投石车推到了阵前,用它把他们的法师召唤的巨大火球射向城墙。高木克能看出战局已经倒向对方一边了。“我们为了这个地方艰苦战斗了那么多年。经历了无数的和洞穴巨人的战斗……流了那么多的血。我们怎么能放弃它?我们怎么能对给我们他的赐福的那位做出这样的事呢?”
Kyruk cast bolts of lightning at the ogre wizards, but they were shielded from his attack. "This is just a place, Gormuk. The swamp will preserve us and we will grow strong again. But to stay would be prideful, and such pride brings dishonor. If they stay in the upper tunnels the civilians can safely reach Guk, and the Rallosians will not be able to bring their war machines inside its narrow passageways. There we can make a stand."
开鲁克向巨魔巫师们施放了闪电矢,但是他们屏蔽了他的攻击。“这只是个地方而已,高木克。沼泽会保护我们,而我们会再次强大起来的。留下来或许看上去更有尊严些,但是这样的尊严最终会让我们蒙羞。如果他们能够呆在上层隧道中,市民们会很安全的到达古克,拉洛斯大军没办法把他们的辎重运进那里狭窄的入口。在那里我们可以坚守住。”
Gormuk shot more arrows, but his efforts were futile. The ogres kept coming, and more and more fallen frogloks lined the battlefield. The catapults fired, sending huge globes of flame crashing into the city walls, setting them ablaze.
高木克又射出了更多的箭,但是显然他的努力无济于事。巨魔们越来越近,短兵交接的战线上越来越多的蛙人战士倒下。投石器开火了,抛射出巨大的火球,狠狠地砸在城墙上,城头开始四处起火。
The captain turned and shouted to the guards below. "Go to the council and tell them that we cannot hold the wall! You must take the eggs and hatchlings into the tunnels. Gather all the civilians and guide them to Guk. We'll seal the tunnels behind you."
队长转身对城墙下的卫兵们叫道。“去!去告诉参议会!我们守不住城墙了!你们必须把卵和幼苗带到隧道里去。集合所有的市民带他们到古克去。我们会在你们后面断后封闭隧道。”
The guards saluted and rushed to obey the captain. Gormuk turned to Kyruk. "The elders say some dark power has arisen in the depths of Guk. I pray they are wrong, and that the ancient citadel will protect our people."
卫兵们敬礼然后飞奔着去执行队长的命令。高木克转身面向开鲁克。“长者们说在古克的深处有一些黑暗的力量已经升起。我只能祈祷他们是错误的而那个古代的城堡但愿能保护我们的人民。”
"It's the right thing to do, Gormuk. On my oath to Marr, we will hold these monsters back and give our people the time they need to escape."
“你做的对,高木克。我向玛尔起誓,我们一定会挡住这些野兽让我们的人民有时间逃脱。”
"We will do more than that!" shouted Gormuk. "The swamp will flow with ogre blood this day!"
“我们会比那做的更多!”高木克大叫道。“今天,沼泽里会流满巨魔的鲜血!”
Gormuk fired more arrows down at the Rallosians, then dropped his bow and unsheathed his sword. "Make sure the tunnels are sealed, my friend!" With one mighty leap he jumped from the top of the wall down to the battlefield below. He threw back his head and let loose a mighty croak. "For Marr!" He charged into the fray and swung his blade back and forth, cutting a swath into the ogre battle line.
高木克向脚下的拉洛斯大军射出了更多的箭,然后扔掉了他的弓抽出了他的剑。“你一定要确保隧道被堵上,老朋友!”说完这,他纵身一跃,从墙头跳到脚下的战场。他猛一甩头,用全部的力量大叫道:“为了玛尔!”他冲入激战中的人群,来回挥舞着他的宝剑,在巨魔的战线上杀出了一个缺口。
"Gormuk, fall back!" cried Kyruk, casting a protective spell upon the captain. But Gormuk charged into the endless ranks of the ogres and disappeared from view.
“高木克,快回来!”开鲁可大叫道,同时在队长身上施放了一个保护性魔法。但是高木克杀入了无穷无尽的巨魔阵中,消失在他眼里。
"Your sacrifice will not be in vain, old friend." Kyruk wove his strongest spell and unleashed all his power onto the ogres below. The Rallosians drew closer to the wall as the catapults launched again. Kyruk gasped and whispered a swift, fleeting prayer.
“你的牺牲不会是徒劳的,老伙计。”开鲁克双手交织开始变换着口中念着他最强大的一个魔法,一瞬间他释放了它,用竟尽全部的法力射向脚下的巨魔们。
"Where are the rest of them?"
“剩下的那些在哪?”
"We are not sure, General. The hatchery has been emptied, and we can find no trace of the civilians. They just seem to be… gone."
“我们不是很清楚,将军。孵化室被搬空了,而且我们也找不到任何市民的踪迹。他们看上去……离开了。”
Urduuk dismounted and walked over to the sergeant, fixing his gaze upon him. "Gone? Gone?" Urduuk clenched his mailed fist and shot it forward, crushing into the jaw of his subordinate. The ogre crumpled to the ground, as much from intimidation as from the blow itself.
乌尔都克下马走向这个军士,恶狠狠的盯着他。“离开了?离开了?”乌尔都克握紧拳头一拳打了上去,几乎打碎了他下级的下巴。那个巨魔瘫倒在地上,与其说是被打的不如说是被吓的。
The general turned and surveyed the burning rubble that had been Gukta. "I ordered you to wipe all trace of these abominations from this wretched swamp, and yet somehow they managed to escape. How? And more importantly, to where?"
将军转过身去俯览着曾经是古柯塔的这片燃烧着的瓦砾。“我给你的命令是把所有这些可恶生物的痕迹从这个破地方消灭干净,现在,不知道为什么,居然跑了一些。怎么跑的?更重要的是,跑去哪了?”
A burly ogre stepped forward and saluted the general. "I swear to you that they did not break our line, sir. But whether through magic or some form of trickery, I believe there is only one place they would go. Back to Guk, to the ancient tunnels they once called home."
一个壮实的巨魔站上前来向将军敬了个礼,说道。“我向您发誓,他们绝对没有突破我们的包围,大人。但是不管是用魔法还是使用某种诡计,我相信在这只有一个地方他们能去的。回到古克,回到那些他们叫做家的古代隧道里去是他们唯一的选择。”
Urduuk considered the junior officer's words a moment. "Yes, of course. The frogloks would seek the only safety they could find. You, lieutenant, what is your name?"
乌尔都克想了想下级军官的话。“对,当然是这样的。蛙人会去他们唯一能找到的安全的地方。你,中尉,你叫什么?”
"Danarg, my lord."
“达纳格,大人。”
"Lieutenant Danarg, gather your soldiers and go to the mouth of Guk. Take them into the tunnels and cleanse that cursed place of the froglok pestilence once and for all. Do not emerge until this duty is done. Am I clear?"
“达纳格中尉,集合你的部队去古克之口。带他们到隧道里去把象瘟疫一样的蛙人从那个被诅咒的地方的一劳永逸的清除干净。除非你的活干完了,否则不准出来。明白了么?”
Danarg saluted again. "I will not fail you, General." He turned and motioned for others to follow him.
达纳格又敬了个礼,说道。“我不会让您失望的,将军。”他转身邻兵离开了。
Urduuk climbed atop his steed and addressed his troops. "As planned, the rest of you shall divide into two wings. Those of you who bear the mark of Tallon will secure Innothule and move northward to rendezvous with our orc allies in Southern Ro. Those of you who bear the mark of Vallon will ride with me to the Feerrott and prepare to take the Mountains of Rathe."
乌尔都克爬上战马向他的部队大声演讲道。“按照计划,余下的人会分成两翼。带着塔隆标志的负责肃清伊诺土勒沼泽然后向北与我们的兽人盟军在南罗沙漠汇合。带着瓦隆标志的和我一起向费洛特进军准备占领拉泽山脉。”
One of Urduuk's advisors drew close to him. "General, the Arm of Vallon incurred heavy losses in the taking of Gukta. They need reinforcements."
一个乌尔都克的顾问忽然*近他低声报告道。“将军,瓦隆军在古柯塔战役中减员严重。他们需要得到兵员补充。”
Urduuk nodded. "We will enter the Temple of Thule and add the forces of Fear to our ranks. They will make a useful addition to our army."
乌尔都克点头道。“我们将进入土勒神庙把恐惧之神的军队加入到我们的序列里。他们会是我们军队的有用的补充。”
"But General, the Amygdalan were unwilling to join with us before. What will change their minds now?"
“但是将军,阿米格达伦以前不愿意加入我们。现在什么能使他改变主义呢?”
"Their minds are irrelevant, for they serve a weak and silent god. They will join us or I will destroy their crumbling temple and shatter the Fear gate."
“他们愿不愿意是无关紧要的,因为他们侍奉一个弱小而沉默的神。他们只能选择加入我们否则我就毁掉他们那个破烂神庙砸碎恐惧之门!”
Urduuk signaled his legion to march westward. He knew his troops had a taste for conquest and they would quickly grow hungry for more. "The Avatar was right," he said to himself as he rode toward the Feerrott. "This world will soon be ours."
乌尔都克发信号命令他的军团向西进军。他知道他的部队这次尝到了征服的滋味,而且很快他们会越来越渴望去征服更多。“化身是对的,”他边向费洛特骑去边自言自语道。“世界很快就是我们的了!”

Chapter 7: Burning Snow
第7章:雪在烧
Do not turn around, she told herself. Do not look back.
“别回头,”她对自己念道。“千万别回头。”
But of course, she did.
但是……当然,她还是回头了。
Through the thick haze of falling snow she could make out the battle raging behind them. She saw Halas ablaze, her people bravely defending their city against the onslaught of the snow orcs. Every instinct demanded that she turn back and aid her kinsmen, but she knew this was important. This is where her duty lay, not dying on the field of battle. So she kept walking.
透过漫天的鹅毛大雪,她仍能依稀看到身后的激战场面。她看到哈勒斯陷入熊熊大火之中,她看到她的人民勇敢的抵抗着冰雪兽人的疯狂进攻。她的所有本能都驱使着她转身回去帮助她的族人,但她知道这儿的事更重要。这里才是她职责所在,而不是在战场上献身。所以她继续前行。
"Aimara, we must return and fight for the city," the husky barbarian said to her. "It isn't right to abandon our home to those monsters."
“爱玛拉,我们必须回去,去为我们的城市战斗!”她身后一个强壮的野蛮人男子对她吼道。“这样做不对!我们不该把我们的家圆丢给那些野兽!”
"Shut up, Murbeck," she said coldly.
“闭嘴,穆贝克。”,她冷静的回答到。
He bared his teeth at her. "Do not speak to me that way, woman! I say we go back and die with glory instead of fleeing like rats from a sinking ship!"
穆贝克愤怒的对她露出牙齿,说道“别对我这样说话,女人!照我说我们回去,光荣的战死好过象现在这样树倒猢狲散似的逃走!”
She spun around and punched him hard in the stomach, then again across the chin. Murbeck fell back into the snow.
爱玛拉转过身来就是一拳,重重的打在他的肚子上,接着又在他下巴上来了一下。穆贝克被击倒在了雪地上。
"Listen to me!" she said to him, loud enough for the others to hear. "I want to fight for the city as much as you. But we have been ordered to guide the children and the old ones to safety, and by the gods that is what we will do! If you are so eager for your blood to adorn the snow, Murbeck, just tell me and I will be happy to oblige you here and now."
“听着!”她对他说道,声音大到让所有其他人也都能听到。“我和你一样想为我们的城市战斗到底。但是我们接到的命令是领着孩子和老人撤离到安全地带去,而且,以神的名义发誓,我们现在就要这么做!要是你真的那么渴望用你的血来装点雪地,穆贝克,告诉我就是,我很乐意帮你这个忙,就在这!就是现在!”
Murbeck rose slowly, holding his stomach. He bowed his head. "I will carry out my duty, Aimara."
穆贝克慢慢的爬了起来,手还捂着隐隐作痛的肚子。他低下了头,说道:“我会承担起我的责任的,爱玛拉。”
She walked up to him and brushed the snow from his armor. "Good," she told him, "for I will have need of your strength very soon. We must pass through Blackburrow, where all our swords will be tested. Now, go to the back and make sure everyone is keeping up." He nodded and walked toward the rear of the group.
她走上前去,帮他抹去盔甲上的雪屑。“很好,”她对他说道,“因为我们很快就会需要你的力量了。我们必须穿过黑穴,在那里我们的每把剑都要经受考验。现在,到队伍后面去,确保每个人都跟上。”他点了点头向队伍的尾部走去。
Aimara surveyed her band of refugees. There were hundreds of them, mostly too old, too young, or too sick to stay behind and fight. She had been given dangerously few soldiers to escort all of them to Qeynos. The heavy snowfall was a blessing, for it both concealed their exodus and covered their tracks behind them, but it also made travel difficult for the weak ones.
爱玛拉仔细的看了看她的这支难民队伍。队伍大约有几百人,绝大多数不是太老就是太小,或者是太虚弱,都无法留在后面断后。拨给她的士兵太少了,要把这些人安全的护送到奎诺斯,相当危险。还好有这场大雪,不但掩护了他们的大举撤离还把他们移动留下的痕迹也抹去了,但是,对队伍里的弱者来说,这场雪也让这次旅程变的更加艰难了。
She signaled for them to move forward once again. Aimara led them through the narrow crags she had learned so well as a young girl. Those were happier times.
她发出信号示意队伍再次动身。爱玛拉带领着他们在狭窄的悬崖峭壁中穿行,她还是个小女孩时就来过这很多次,对这里了如指掌。当然那几次的经历比这次愉快的多。

"If one of them sounds the alarm, we're all dead," Murbeck whispered.
“要是他们中随便哪个拉响警报,我们就都完了。”穆贝克对她耳语道。
Aimara nodded. She signaled to the archers on the rocks above them.
爱玛拉点了点头。然后向埋伏在他们上方岩石上的弓箭手发出了攻击的信号。
The arrows sailed silently through the cold air, piercing the necks of the gnolls guarding the mouth of the tunnel. They whimpered slightly as they fell.
箭悄无声息的划过在寒冷的空气,射穿了守卫隧道入口的格诺怪们的喉咙。他们只来得及发出一声轻微的哀嗥就倒下了。
"We don't have much time. There are more within. Move!"
“我们没有很多时间。里面还有更多。快走!”
Aimara charged forward into the cave, flanked by Murbeck and a dozen of the other warriors. It was dark, but they could see a campfire ahead. She ran toward it, suppressing a fierce desire to yell out a Halasian battle cry. The gnolls looked up and saw them coming, but they could barely draw their weapons before the barbarians were upon them.
爱玛拉带头冲进了洞里,身边是穆贝克和十几个其他的武士。里面很暗,但是他们能看到前面有一堆篝火。她一声不吭的跑上前去,强压着发出一声哈勒斯战嚎的强烈欲望。那几个格诺拐抬头看见了他们冲来,但他们几乎来不及拔出武器,野蛮人就已经冲到了他们面前。
The fight was swift and violent. Murbeck seemed pleased, but Aimara knew the element of surprise would not give them the advantage much longer. "Signal the others to come into the cave but to stay well behind us. We move forward."
战斗短暂而残酷。穆贝克看上去似乎很满意,但是爱玛拉知道出其不意带来的优势并不会持续很久。“向其他人发信号让他们进洞来但是呆在我们后面。我们继续向前。”
The soldiers crept carefully down the rocky passageways. Though she had passed through this place many times, it was easy to become confused by the twists and turns. She knew they'd soon be out in the open where there would be no more hiding.
士兵们蹑手蹑脚小心翼翼的爬下布满岩石的过道。虽然她来过这很多次了,这些曲里拐弯的路还是容易让人迷糊。她知道他门马上就要到达一个开阔地,那里他们将没法再隐藏了。
Aimara turned a corner and there, directly in front of her, stood a young gnoll guard. It seemed as startled to see her as she was to see it, and they both paused for what seemed like an eternity. She moved first, raising her sword and swinging. But before the blow could land, the gnoll reared back its head and let loose a loud howl.
爱玛拉转过一个弯,正撞见一个年轻的格诺怪守卫。双方显然都吓呆了,时间凝固的那一瞬间仿佛象永恒那么长。然后爱玛拉先反应了过来,率先移动,挥剑,劈砍。但是在这一剑击中前,这个格诺怪已经仰起了头,发出了一声撕心裂肺的嗥叫。
The gnoll was silent as he slumped to the ground, but she knew the damage had been done. "Be ready!" she hissed back at the others. "Here they come!"
发出嗥叫的格诺怪已经倒在地上,安静了,但是爱玛拉知道那声嗥叫已经破坏了一切。“各就各位!”她向身后的其他人发出嘘声示意他们准备好。”他们来了!”

They guided the last of the civilians out of the crude maw of rock that marked the entrance to Blackburrow from Qeynos Hills. The battle had been fierce, and too many of them had fallen. But there was no time to mourn the dead.
他们指引着最后一个平民从那个位于奎诺斯山区标志着黑穴出口的天然石口处出来。刚过去的战斗是这样的惨烈,太多的人倒下了。但现在没有时间为死者哀悼了。
"We head south," she said somberly. "The city lies ahead."
“我们向南,”她阴郁的说。“城市就在前面了。”
It was warmer here, but the fur of her armor felt too comforting to abandon. Besides, she intended to make use of it again, when she returned to her homeland to teach a lesson to the beasts that dared defile the Northlands.
这里比哈勒斯温暖多了,但是她盔甲上的皮毛是这样的让她感到籍慰,她实在舍不得丢掉它们。此外,她还想要再用它们呢,是的,到那一天,当她回到她的祖国,好好的教训一下那些胆敢玷污北地的禽兽们的时候。
As they marched, Murbeck walked beside her. His eyes stared forward as he spoke. "You led us well, Aimara. I regret defying you the day we left. It was not right."
行军途中,穆贝克一直走在她的身边。他的双眼凝视着前方,说到。“你领导的很好,爱玛拉。我很抱歉在我们离开哈勒斯的那天我冒犯了你。我那样做是不对的。”
She smiled as she put her arm around him and hugged him tightly. "It is no matter, my husband. You only wanted to do what was in all our hearts. But our people are better served by warning Qeynos of what is coming, for you know as well as I that the orcs will not stop at Halas. And besides, who better to teach these puny humans how to defend their borders than the children of the north, eh?"
爱玛拉谅解的笑着,她把双臂放在穆贝克身上,紧紧的拥抱着他。“那没什么,我的丈夫。你只是想要做我们大家心里都想要做的事而已。但是警告奎诺斯什么将要到来会是对我们的人民更好的效忠,因为,你和我一样知道,兽人不会只是停留在哈勒斯。此外,除了我们北方之子外,谁还能更好的教会这些软弱的人类怎样去防御他们的边界呢?”
He smirked. "It is so warm here. I miss the snow already."
穆贝克嘿嘿的傻笑着说。“这里真是热啊。我都已经开始想念雪了。”
"As do I, love, so very much."
“我也是,亲爱的,多么多么的想念啊。”
They crossed the grassy hills and made their way toward Qeynos. She thought about the savagery of the orcs' attack and wondered if even this city could withstand such an assault.
他们在长满小草的绿色的山丘中穿行着,向奎诺斯走去。在路上,爱玛拉回想着兽人进攻时的凶残,想着不知这个城市能否抵挡住这样的进攻。
In her mind she saw Halas burning, and she shivered.
在她的脑海中她再次看到了燃烧中的哈勒斯,她不由自主的颤抖起来。

Chapter 8:Gathering Storms
第8章:战云密布

Urduuk stood atop the crest of the hill and gazed out across the grasslands to the south. The scattered orc villages that dotted the landscape were completely obscured by the legions of ogres and orcs that made up the Rallosian Army. As far as his eye could see were soldiers awaiting his command. This pleased him.
乌尔都克站在山顶上,目光穿过脚下的大草原望向南方。原本星星点点散布在草原上的兽人村落现在完全被组成拉洛斯大军的巨魔和兽人军团所淹没,都快认不出来了。在他目力所及的范围内,都是等待他命令的战士。毫无疑问,这景象让他很愉快。
"They are ready, Lieutenant Ignara. Tomorrow we begin the march across the sands that lead us to Freeport. And when we arrive, we will burn it to the ground."
“他们准备好了,伊格那拉中尉。明天我们开始穿过沙漠向自由港进军。等我们到了那,我们会把那夷为平地。”
"Aye, General," she replied. "Spies sent by the Rujarkian Orcs tell us that Freeport is ill prepared for our arrival and will fall quickly. Still, I think it unlikely that Lucan knows nothing of our army's approach. He may be baiting a trap."
“那是当然,将军,”伊格那拉回答道。“根据路劫客兽人间谍告诉我们的情报来看,自由港对我们的到来没什么准备,应该会很快陷落的。但是,我总觉得路坎对我们军队的意图不象是一无所知。这很可能是他的一个圈套。”
"Ridiculous!" Urduuk growled through bared teeth. "D'Lere is a fool, and his city will crumble as easily as Gukta did. I will defile his throne just as I desecrated the Temple of Cazic-Thule. Rallos Zek has ordained our victory and promised this world to me. I will rule over the ashes of Norrath until my father returns."
“荒谬!”乌尔都克露齿咆哮道。“德’莱尔是个白痴,而他的城市就象古克塔一样的不堪一击。我会象亵渎卡兹-土勒神庙那样玷污他的王座。拉洛斯 泽克早就替我们注定了胜利,而且把这个世界许给了我。我会统治这片诺拉斯的灰烬直到我的父亲回来。
"Your... father?" she asked hesitantly.
“你的……父亲?”她迟疑的问道。
"Of course. I am the son and heir of Zek, given the unholy blade Vel'Arek as a symbol of my power. Do you doubt my lineage and birthright, Ignara?" Urduuk drew the sword and locked his burning eyes on hers.
“当然。我是泽克之子,也是他的继承人,他赐予我的邪恶之剑梵 阿瑞克就是对我所拥有的权力的最好证明。难道你怀疑我的血统和继承权么?伊格那拉!”乌尔都克抽出剑来恶狠狠的瞪着伊格那拉。
Ignara watched him breathlessly. She knew what fate befell those who disagreed with Urduuk.
伊格那拉看着他,大气都不敢出一下。她当然知道和乌尔都克有“异见”会有什么下场。
"I have no doubt, my lord and master," she said, bowing her head. "You are the true son of Zek."
“我一点也不怀疑,您当然是,我的大人,我的主子,当然是的。”她惶恐地说道,一边拼命的低下头作出恭谦的样子,“您就是无可置疑的泽克之子。”
He gripped the dark blade tightly in his hand. She believed he might swing it at any moment, leaving her head on display to show how he rewarded those who failed him. Instead, he sheathed the sword.
乌尔都克手中的黑色长剑握得紧紧的,停在半空中,悬而未决。伊格那拉知道它随时都可能落下来,砍掉自己可怜的脑袋,乌尔都克会很乐意用它来向其他人展示冒犯他的下场。但是,感谢泽克,剑没有落下,乌尔都克把它插回了鞘中。
"Order the troops to camp. We leave at first light and make our way across the Desert of Ro."
“命令部队扎营。明天天一亮我们就出发,穿过洛沙漠。”
"By your order, General," she replied. "Do we march on T'Narev?"
“遵命,将军,”伊格那拉回答道,“我们是否向悌’内瑞夫进军?”
"No," Urduuk replied. "Laying siege to the Ashen Order's mountain fortress would be a waste of time and resources. Let the Rujarkians take them when Freeport smolders in ruins."
“不,”乌尔都克回答道。“围攻灰袍修道会的山上要塞纯粹是浪费时间和资源。等我们把自由港化为灰烬后,让路劫客兽人去收拾他们吧。
Ignara dared not question him again, even if she thought it unwise to ignore the threat posed by the monks. "It will be as you command, my lord." She saluted and headed down the hill.
伊格那拉不敢再提出异议了,虽然她心里觉得忽略这些武道家所带来威胁,轻视他们的实力是非常不智的。“一切会照您吩咐的执行,大人。”她向乌尔都克敬礼然后走下山去了。
Urduuk surveyed his army again. He knew the others in the west were ready as well. "Mine," he told himself. "Soon it will all be mine."
乌尔都克转过身来继续巡视他的部队。他知道在西面的军队也象这的一样准备完毕了。“我的。”他自言自语道,“很快这一切就都是我的了。”

"They're coming!" Niffet cried as he approached the gates. "They're coming!"
“他们来了!”尼非特边大叫着向城门跑来。“他们来了!”
His horse was still at a gallop as he rode in, but the halfling pulled hard at the reigns to bring her to a quick stop. He jumped off the horse's back and yelled again. "The Rallosians are coming!"
他的马风驰电掣般的冲进城门,马上的半身人使劲一勒缰绳,马骤然停了下来。尼非特跃下马背,再次大声喊叫道。“拉洛斯大军来了!”
The city guards circled him. "Identify yourself!" the captain ordered.
城卫涌过来围住了他。“说明你的身份!”城卫队长命令道。
"I am Niffet of Surefall, commanded to stand watch over the plains. I was ordered to bring word when the armies of darkness approached."
“我是舒法丛林的尼非特,负责在平原上了望敌情。我得到的命令是如果黑暗军团接近那里,我必须来这通知。”
"Ordered by whom?" the captain asked.
“谁的命令?”队长继续问道。
"By me," a voice replied.
“我的,”一个声音回答道。
The captain turned and saw the ranger standing before him. He was dressed in dark green chain mail, a longbow of ornate wood slung on his back. The buckle on his belt bore the symbol of the Rainkeeper.
队长转过身看见面前站着一个游侠。他身穿深绿色的链甲,背上背着一把装饰华丽的木质长弓。他腰带的带扣上带者雨之守护者(卡拉那)的标记。
"Avatar," Niffet said, kneeling, "it has come to pass, just as you said it would."
“化身大人,”尼非特说倒,一边跪下行礼,“他们终于来了,就象你以前说的那样。”
"Arise, Niffet," the ranger said. "Tell me what you saw."
“起来吧,尼非特。”游侠说道。“告诉我你看见了什么。”
The halfling stood. "I was camped in one of the old guard towers, watching. I saw dark shapes lurking on the horizon. It was as if the mountains themselves were drawing closer, but it was not mountains. It was a wall of giants coming from the east, and from the south came ogres with their gnoll slaves. There were so many, so very many."
半身人站了起来。“我驻扎在一个旧时代留下的守卫塔中,每天观察着周围。前几天,我忽然看到在地平线上出现了许多的潜行着的黑影。那景象看上去就好象远处的山脉在自己向我们移动一样,但那决不是山脉。那是一道由从东面来的巨人们组成的人墙,而南面来的是巨魔们和他们的格诺怪奴隶。有非常多,非常非常的多。”
"You have done well. My watchers to the north have informed me that the orcs control Blackburrow and are starting to come through. The Rallosians have begun their march toward Qeynos."
“你做的很好。我安排在北方的哨兵也通知了我,兽人已经控制了黑穴,并且开始穿过它。拉洛斯大军已经开始向奎诺斯进军了。”
The guard captain nodded. "Lord Bayle told us you would come to lead us, Avatar. Our forces stand ready to defend the city."
城卫队长点头道,“拜尔大人告诉我们您将会到来并领导我们作战,化身。我们的军队已经准备好保卫我们的城市了。”
"Good," said the ranger. "Seal the gates and put all your troops on alert. I will attempt to give us some more time."
“很好,”游侠答道,“关闭城门并让你所有的部队随时保持警惕。我会试着给我们争取多一些的准备时间。”
"How?" asked the captain.
“怎么争取?”队长问道。
The ranger reached up and took hold of a pendant around his neck. He whispered an incantation and the blue gem began to glow. In the distance, thunder rumbled across the plains.
游侠抬起手握住他脖子上带着的一个项链挂件。然后他开始小声的念咒,挂件上的蓝色宝石开始闪耀出光芒。随着着光芒,远处的平原上开始雷电大作。
"The storms will slow them down, but not for long. We must prepare."
“暴风雨会延缓他们的进军,但是不会很久。我们必须准备起来了。”
"Seal the gate!" ordered the captain. The giant doors of wood and steel began to slowly draw closed. The captain turned and gave instructions to his men.
“关闭城门!”队长马上命令道。这巨大的木铁制成的大门开始缓缓关闭。队长转过头去开始给他的人下达指示。
"There were so many of them, Avatar," Niffet said to the ranger. "How can we hold them back?"
“他们的数量好多啊,化身。”尼非特对游侠说道,“我们怎么才能阻挡住他们呢?”
The ranger said nothing, listening as the thunder drew nearer.
游侠一言不发,只是静静的听着远处的雷声渐渐靠近……

Betrayed! it hissed. Betrayed!
背叛!它嘶嘶的声音重复道。这是背叛!
It stirred in the darkness, locked away for so long. Shapeless. Lingering. Cold. Alone.
它在黑暗中开始搅动,已经被封存了那么久了。没有形状的,苟延残喘的,阴寒无比的,孤寂无助的被封存了那么久。
You have forgotten. You shall be made to remember. You will be taught just like the others who harmed his children.
你忘记了。你该记住的。你会得到教训的,就好象其他伤害了他的孩子的人一样。
The ritual was complete. The gift was unsealed. The lesson was coming.
仪式已完成。礼物已解封。教训就要来。
Defiler! You will know Fear until the end of time!
玷污者!你会知道什么是真正的恐惧的,直到时间的尽头都无法摆脱!
It seeped out. Billowing. Rolling. Moving. Growing.
它渗了出来。翻滚着,旋转着,移动着,膨胀着……
His gift will find you. His gift will find you all.
他的礼物会找到你的。他的礼物会找到你们所有人的。
The green cloud arose in the temple's stale air. It moved through the corridors, slowly at first, then faster. It would touch the first of them soon.
这绿色的云雾在神庙腐丑的空气中升起。它在走廊里移动着,开始很慢,慢慢的变的越来越快。它很快就会找到它的第一批猎物了。
Betrayed! it hissed again. But now you will learn.
背叛啊!它还在不停的重复道。但现在你就会知道代价了。
It would have smiled, if only it had a face.
它应该会正露出笑容吧,如果,它有一张脸的话。
ts

发帖
白金币
威望
人气
昵称
我玩过
D2,石器,EQ,EQ2,EVE,激战,指环王
正在玩
FF14
爱好
只看该作者 板凳  发表于: 2007-05-27
Chapter 9: The battle of Defiance
第9章:藐视之战

(奎诺斯)
The pendant glowed like blue fire around his neck as the ranger called lightning down from the sky, striking the throngs of orcs and ogres. He fired arrow after arrow into their ranks, felling one after another of the cruel beasts.
游侠从天空中召唤出无数的闪电,砸向在地面上成群结队的兽人和巨魔,他带者项坠闪耀着如蓝色火焰般的光芒。他朝向他们的阵列。射出一枝枝的箭,把这些残忍的野兽一个个的击倒在地。
But he knew it wasn't enough.
但是,他知道,这远远不够。
The army of Qeynos was vastly outnumbered. Though storms raged above them, the Rallosian legions were drawing closer. Giants from the east uprooted boulders and used them as weapons, hurling them against the city walls. It seemed certain the gates would soon be breached, and then all would be lost.
奎诺斯的守军明显在人数上处于很大的劣势。虽然游侠召唤的暴风雨在拉洛斯军团的头上咆哮肆虐试图延缓他们的进攻,但他们依然在不断的逼近。东面的巨人从地上掀起许多巨石,把它们当作武器,不断砸向城市的围墙。这样下去,毫无疑问的,城门会很快被攻破,到了那时一切就都完了。
The ranger signaled for his archers to fire at the giants, but the massive brutes were difficult to take down. And the orcs... the orcs were everywhere.
游侠对他的弓箭手们发出信号,示意他们对巨人们射击,但是这些巨大粗壮的野兽非常难击毙。而兽人……兽人多得到处都是。
"For Qeynos!" shouted the ranger, and his troops cheered. They fight bravely, he thought to himself.
“为了奎诺斯!”游侠大声喊道,他的部队也应声发出欢呼。他们是在多么勇敢的战斗着啊,他在心中默默想到。
"For nothing!" replied a loud, hissing voice from the center of the Rallosian ranks. The ranger looked up. The wall of giants parted, and there, above the orcs and ogres, towered a being that seemed to be made of fire itself.
“什么也不为!”一个响亮的嘘声,从拉洛斯队伍的中心传了出来,嘲讽的回答道。
Niffet drew close to his leader. "What is that creature?"
尼非特靠近他的首领问道,“那怪物是什么?”
"The Avatar of Flame," the ranger replied. "The chosen of Solusek Ro."
“火焰化身,”游侠回答道,“索罗塞克 洛的选民。”
"Oh. Well, I have no doubt you can defeat it," that halfling announced, a hint of uncertainty in his voice.
“哦,来的好,我确信,毫无疑问的,您一定能击败它,”半身人故意大声的向众人宣布道,虽然从他的语调中可以听出他自己也不是很确信。
The ranger drew his swords. "Keep taking down the giants. The city gates must hold." He began slashing through the mass of orcs, making his way toward the being of fire.
游侠抽出了他的双剑。“继续杀巨人。城门一定要守住。”他开始在兽人的人海中左劈右砍,向那火焰怪物杀去。

(自由港)
"The Militia is falling back, General. Freeport will soon be ours."
“守城的民兵们开始溃败了,将军。自由港就要属于我们了。”
Urduuk smiled. "As I told you it would, Ignara. I will have Lucan's head on a pike by nightfall."
乌尔都克笑了,“我早就告诉过你会这样,伊格那拉。到今天日落前,我一定会把路坎的脑袋挑在我的矛尖上示众了。”
The ogre surveyed the battlefield. His troops swarmed everywhere, overpowering the city's defenses in both number and ferocity.
这个巨魔踌躇满志的观察起战场来。到处都挤满了他的军队,无论是比数量或者比残暴,都远远超过这个城市的守军。
"Beautiful," he muttered.
“这景象真是太美了,”他满足的咕哝着。
"Indeed it is," a familiar voice replied. Urduuk turned to face the massive being.
“的确如此,“一个熟悉的声音接口道。乌尔都克急忙转过脸来对着这巨大的生物。
"Avatar!" he exclaimed. Have you come to witness my victory?"
“化身!”他惊讶的叫出声来。“你是来见证我的胜利的么?”
"You have done well, Urduuk. This chaos is extraordinary. I look forward to your army decimating the other continents as well."
“你干得不错,乌尔都克。这场混乱尤其不同凡响。我盼望着能看到你的军队在其他大陆也能象这样大开杀戒,杀得他们血流成河。”
"This is only the beginning, I assure you. When Antonica is cleansed, we move to Faydwer and--"
“这只不过是开始,我可以向您保证。等到安东尼卡被扫除干净后,我们就向费德维尔进军然后……”
"General!" Ignara shouted. "We are being attacked on our southern flank!"
“将军!”伊格那拉大叫着跑来,“我们的南翼正在被攻击!”
Urduuk looked toward the desert. A small but powerful force was cutting into his ranks, striking at the Rallosians with considerable power.
乌尔都克朝沙漠望去。一只数量不多但是精悍的部队正切入他的阵中,以不可小视的力量攻击着拉洛斯大军。
"The cursed monks have joined the fray," he muttered angrily.
“该死的武道家们来找打了,”他愤怒的咕哝道。
"Why weren't they eliminated already?" The avatar asked. "The servant of the Tranquil will be imparting them a strength your oafish legions do not possess."
“为什么他们没有被事先消灭掉?”化身问道。“宁静之仆(指宁静化身)会传授给他们一种你那些痴呆的士兵们永远都不会拥有的力量。”
"I ordered them to be destroyed, but my incompetent lieutenant betrayed me! I will show her the price of failure!" Urduuk drew his sword and advanced toward Ignara.
“我下过令摧毁他们,但是我无能的副官背叛了我!我会让她知道让我失望的代价的!”乌尔都克迫不及待的抽出剑来。指向伊格那拉。
"Wait, General!" Ignara cried. "Something else approaches from the south!"
“等等,将军!”伊格那拉大叫道。“有些其他什么东西正从南面逼近我们!”
Urduuk turned. A thick cloud rolled rapidly across the sands, darkening the sky with a dense green haze.
乌尔都克转过身去。只看见一片稠密的云雾正快速的席卷沙漠,那浓得化不开的绿色阴霾遮蔽天日。
"What have you done, Urduuk?" the avatar asked him. "What did you do to unleash this madness?"
“你做了些什么?乌尔都克?”化身质问道。“你做了什么居然释放出这个疯狂的东西来?”
The cloud was moving quickly toward the Rallosians. As it reached the edge of the army's ranks, the ogres it touched fell lifelessly to the ground. The general watched them gasping for air one moment and twitching on the ground the next.
绿雾以迅雷不及掩耳之势向拉洛斯大军掩来。当它到达大军边缘时,所有被它触及的巨魔都无声无息的倒下了,瞬间失去了生命。将军眼睁睁得看着他们前一刻还在挣扎着大口吸气,一转眼已经抽搐着倒在地上。
"My steed!" Urduuk ordered. "The son of Zek must live to fight another day. Bring me my steed!"
“牵我的马来!”乌尔都克慌张的命令道。“泽克之子必须活下去才能东山再起。快牵我的马来!”
But no one was left to obey. The mist encircled the general, killing all those around him. Ignara struggled to breathe, reaching out to her leader. Finally even she collapsed.
但是没有巨魔能执行他的命令了。绿雾包围住了将军,杀死了他周围所有的巨魔。伊格那拉挣扎着想呼吸,痛苦的把手伸向她的首领求助。但是,最终连她也倒下了。
"Fool!" the avatar shouted at Urduuk. "It is you who brought this fate onto your own people! The orcs are my only hope now. I will deal with the monks myself." The massive figure marched toward the center of the orc army.
“蠢货!”化身对乌尔都克恼怒的咆哮道。“是你!把这样的命运带给了你自己的人民!现在兽人是我唯一的希望了。我会自己收拾武道家的。”化身巨大的身影向兽人军队的中心走去。
The mist coalesced around Urduuk, leaving him no escape. He swung his sword at the green cloud, but there was nothing solid for him to hit.
四面八方涌来的绿雾围绕着乌尔都克接合成了一个环状,让他无处可逃。他发疯似挥动他的长剑劈砍着围绕着他的绿雾,但是这里没有任何有形的东西可以让他击中的。
Defiler! it whispered to him. The time has come to pay for your crimes.
玷污者!它对他耳语道。现在你该为你的罪孽付出代价了。
"What... what are you?" Urduuk stammered.
“什么罪孽……你是什么?”乌尔都克结结巴巴的问道。
I am the voice of the one you betrayed. Your pride has brought your people to their downfall, just as it was in ancient days. But this time, retribution shall be mine.
我是被你背叛的那位的代言人。你的狂妄自大带给了你的人民毁灭,就好象在远古时代那次一样。但是这一次,惩罚由我来执行。
"I betrayed no one!" he shouted back, swinging his sword wildly.
“我谁都没背叛!”他大声叫喊着回答道,一边狂乱的挥舞着他的长剑。
Liar! Fear could have been your ally. Instead you entered its temple and enslaved its children. Your insolence shall be the death of your people. But your soul, defiler, will know Fear for all eternity!
你说谎!恐惧之神本来可以是你的盟友的。但你没那么做,反而侵入他的神庙,奴役他的子民。是你的傲慢造成了你的人民死亡。而你的灵魂,玷污者,将会在恐惧中煎熬,永生永世不得解脱!
"No!" he screamed, but there was no reply. The green mist enveloped him, seeping into Urduuk's lungs and stealing his breath. All around him the general could see his fallen soldiers, the lost remnants of his once unstoppable army.
“不!”他尖叫起来,但是不再有回答了。绿雾包裹着他,渗入他的肺叶偷走了他的呼吸。在他的周围,将军能看到尸横遍野的他的士兵们,他那曾经势不可挡的大军所留下的唯一残骸。
The mist pulled at him, lifting him into the air. Below, Urduuk saw his own body crumpled on the sand. He tried to cry out, but had no voice. The mist carried him southward toward the darkness that lingered hungrily.
绿雾开始拉扯他,把他的灵魂升向空中。往下看去,乌尔都克看见自己的尸体倒在了沙地上。他想要大声叫喊出来,但是却发不出声音。绿雾带着他的灵魂向南方飞去,飞向那因为等待着他而正饥渴的徘徊着的黑暗。

(奎诺斯)
The defenders of Qeynos cheered as the mist receded, leaving the bodies of the ogres strewn across the grassland.
奎诺斯的守军看着绿雾渐渐退去,草原上留下无数横七竖八散布着的巨魔尸体,不由地齐声欢呼起来。
Aimara felled another orc and called out to her husband. "That cloud did half our work for us, Murbeck. Now all we've left to do is wipe out the orcs, giants, and goblins!"
爱玛拉砍翻了又一个兽人,抽空大声地对她丈夫叫道,“这怪雾等于替我们干了一半活,穆贝克。现在我们只需要杀光剩下的这些兽人,巨人和小鬼就行了!”
"Child's play for a Halasian!" shouted Murbeck. "We'll finish these beasts up in no time."
“是啊,对一个哈勒斯人来说,这简直就是儿童游戏!”穆贝克也大声回答道。“我们不用花什么力气就能解决掉这些禽兽。”
She laughed and swung her sword again. She relished the battle, but knew the odds were still slim. The orcs were off-balance and confused, but they still held the advantage in numbers. Soon they would realize this fact and resume their advance.
她大笑着挥动长剑再次投入激烈的战斗中。爱玛拉虽然沉醉于品尝眼前这战斗所带来的快感,但是她也清醒的知道现在这场战争的胜负还在一线之间。兽人虽然目前稍处下风并且由于巨魔的突然覆灭,有点不知所措,但是他们仍然占有数量上的优势。很快他们就会意识到这个事实并且再次取得主动。
Aimara looked across the field of battle. The Avatar of Flame towered above the orcs, rallying the Rallosian forces and directing the giants to hold their ground. The avatar waved its hand, and suddenly a line of gnolls covered in flame charged toward the Qeynosians.
爱玛拉的目光穿过眼前的战场向远处望去。在那里火焰化身的身影赫然挺立在兽人们之上,他一边召集着打散了的拉洛斯军团们重整旗鼓,一边指挥着巨人们守住阵脚。火焰化身忽然挥了挥手,然后突然之间一条由格诺怪组成的战线出现了,他们身上带着火焰惨叫着向奎诺斯人冲去。
"By the Tribunal!" Murbeck shouted. "That beast set those pitiful gnolls on fire to use them as living weapons!"
“以法廷(野蛮人的议会)的名义起誓,这太残忍了!”穆贝克忍不住叫出声来。“那些禽兽居然把这些可怜的格诺怪点燃了冲锋,让他们当活体武器!”
The gnolls yelped in pain as they charged madly into the defenders' ranks. The tactic had its desired effect as the army of Qeynos began to fall back.
格诺怪们疼的哇哇乱叫,发疯了一样的向守军的阵线冲锋。这战略显然得到了它想要的效果,奎诺斯的军队开始后退了。
"Enough!" cried a booming voice, louder even than the thunder. "You will pay for what you have done to the children of Brell!"
“够了!”忽然传来一声比雷电还要响亮的轰鸣。“你们会为你们对巴瑞尔子民所做的一切付出代价的!”
The battle grew still for a moment. The voice seemed to come from the ground itself, as if every rock had suddenly been given a voice.
正在进行中的激烈战斗一瞬间似乎静止了。那声音似乎是大地本身发出的,就好象每块石头忽然同时被赋予了一个声音。
"Who dares speak to me this way?" hissed the Avatar of Flame.
“谁敢和我这样说话?”火焰化身轻蔑的问道。
"The one who will make you pay for looting the dens of Brell's creations!" answered the voice. "In your hunger for power you sought to consume the entire world, but now it is you who will be devoured!"
“是将会让你为掳掠巴瑞尔造物的洞穴而付出代价的人!”那个声音回答道。“你对权力的贪婪让你想要吞下整个世界,但是现在被吞噬的人将会是你!”
The earth shook violently and tore open huge chasms beneath the feet of the Rallosian army. The orcs screamed as they fell, their cries muffled as the fissures sealed up and buried them alive. Orc after orc was swallowed by the angry earth.
一时间,地动山摇,在拉洛斯大军的脚下忽然出现了无数裂缝。兽人们纷纷惨叫着掉落下去,但这惨叫声很快就听不见了,那些裂缝又并拢起来,把他们活活的埋在了地下。就这样兽人大军一个接一个的被愤怒的大地给咽了下去。
"No!" hissed the Avatar of Flame as its remaining forces began to scatter and flee. "Hold your ground, I command you!"
”不!”火焰化身惨叫道,他残存的部队开始四散奔逃。“不准跑,都给我停下来,我命令你们!”
The ranger signaled to the knights waiting upon a nearby ridge. They charged down and circled the flaming creature. "Now," said the ranger, "we finish this."
游侠向正在附近的山脊上待命的骑士们发出攻击的信号。他们势如破竹的冲下山来包围住了这个火焰怪物。“现在,”游侠说道,“让我们来结果这家伙。”

(自由港)
"So you think the Avatar of Below has turned the tide, monk? I will show you that the power of Zek cannot be denied!"
“看来你以为地底化身(地底公爵巴瑞尔的化身)的临阵倒戈能改变这场战役的形势么,武道家?我会让你看看,泽克的力量是无可质疑的!”
The monk circled the massive being, fists clenched. "It was the pride and ignorance of your own armies that led to their downfall. Urduuk defiled the Temple of Cazic-Thule and made an enemy of the Avatar of Fear, while the enslavement of the gnolls caused Brell's avatar to strike back at the orcs. Now all that remains is to put an end to you."
武道家开始环绕着这巨大的生物移动起来,他的拳头紧握着,随时准备抓住任何的破绽发出攻击。“是你们自己军队的狂妄无知把你们带向自己的末日的。乌尔都克玷污了卡兹-土勒的神庙,把自己变成了恐惧化身的死敌。而对格诺怪的奴役又直接导致了巴瑞尔化身对兽人的反击。现在只剩下解决你这最后的问题了。”
"Fool! You cannot best me in battle!" The avatar drew his flaming sword. "If all else fails, I will at least have the pleasure of grinding you to dust."
“蠢货!你不可能比我更擅长战斗!”战神化身的火焰剑出鞘了。“即使其它目的都失败了,我至少还能享受把你碾成碎片的乐趣。”
The monk leapt into the air and struck first, kicking the Avatar of War and knocking him back. The avatar swung his sword but missed, leaving him open for a series of punches.
武道家跃向空中首先发动了攻击,他踢中了战神化身,这打击让他踉跄着后退了几步。战神化身挥动他的长剑试图反击,但是没有击中,反而让自己露出破绽,又挨了武道家的一连串拳脚。
The avatars clashed, striking at each other with the power of their opposing planes. The ground on which they fought began to rise, forming a plateau beneath them. On the flatlands below, the Ashen Order and the Knights of Truth fought the remnants of the Rallosian forces. The Freeport Militia drove the orcs away from the city walls and advanced upon the site of the battle, a helmeted figure in dark armor leading them forward.
两个化身激战着,使用彼此神域所赋予的力量互相攻击。他们脚下的土地随着他们的激战渐渐隆起,最后成为一小块高原。(就是现在在公共大陆的最高峰路坎之峰,在eq2里的朋友可以自己去看看,上面的傀儡掉30级的戒指,很不错,呵呵,题外话)在高原下的平地上,灰袍修道会和真理骑士也在和拉洛斯大军的残余激战着。同时自由港民兵也把兽人赶下了城墙,开始向以化身激战点为核心的主战场进发,一个带着头盔全身黑甲的人正带领着他们。

(奎诺斯)
The knights slashed at the fiery creature with their swords while the ranger called down winds and storms against it. The avatar was weakening, but it still struck with deadly fury.
骑士们用他们的剑不断的劈砍着火焰化身,而同时游侠也一刻不停的召唤着狂风和暴雨打击着他。化身的力量开始衰落了,但是它还是带着不死不休的狂怒作着困兽之斗。
The ranger looked around. Most of the remaining orcs were fleeing northward, though a few pockets of resistance held out against the Qeynosians. He could see a fierce battle going on between a group of barbarians and some of the stronger orcs.
游侠向四周望去。绝大多数残余的兽人正在向北方逃窜,虽然还有些对奎诺斯人的零星抵抗在继续着。他能看到一群野蛮人就正在和一群比较强的兽人激战。
"Yield to me, knights!" hissed the avatar. "I will share all the truths that the ranger is keeping from you!"
“投降我吧,骑士们!”火焰化身嘶声叫道。“我会让你们分享我所知的关于这一切的所有真象,这些真象游侠是不会告诉你们的!”
"Enough of your lies!" cried the leader of the knights. "Back to the abyss from whence you came!" He drove his sword deep into the center of the avatar's chest. The creature crumpled to the ground, flames sputtering as its essence began to fade.
“我们听够了你的谎言了!”骑士的首领厉声喝道。“你给我从哪个沟里滚来就滚回哪去吧!”他把他的剑猛的刺入火焰化身的胸膛中央。这怪物终于倒在了地上,身上的火苗开始熄灭,随着构成化身本质的精华不断消散发出噼啪的响声,就好象即将熄灭的篝火一般。
"Fools!" it hissed weakly. "Your victory means nothing. The people of Norrath have not yet begun to suffer!" The avatar collapsed into a smoldering pile of ash.
“愚蠢的人啊!”火焰化身还在用最后的力气的苟延残喘,“你们的胜利一点意义都没。诺拉斯人的苦难根本还没开始呢!”化身终于垮掉了,只留下一堆闷烧着的灰烬。
The ranger touched the pendant at his neck and calmed the storms overhead.
游侠轻触了下他的项坠平息了天空中他召唤而来的暴风雨。
"What did it mean?" asked the leader of the knights. "What suffering is yet to come?"
“那是什么意思?”骑士的队长问道。“什么苦难正要到来?”
The ranger didn't reply. He drew his sword, the blade inlaid with ancient runes. He offered it to the knight. "For your service, I give you Maelstrom, Blade of Storms. It will serve you well."
游侠没有回答他的问题。他抽出他的剑,这把宝剑上镶饰着远古的密文。他把它递给那位骑士队长。“为了感谢你在这次战役中的贡献,我把它送给你,这是大旋涡,风暴之剑。它会很好的为你服务的。”
The ranger turned and walked slowly toward the gates of Qeynos, stepping carefully over the bodies of the fallen that lay all around him.
游侠说完转身缓缓的向奎诺斯城门走去,他小心的迈着步子,以免踩到身边布满整个战场的无数尸体。

(自由港)
The monk unleashed all his fury on the avatar, striking him down with a final blow. The Avatar of War slumped to the ground, defeated. The monk knelt on the ground to recover and heal his wounds.
武道家把他的满腔怒火化为雨点般的攻击倾倒在战神化身的身上,然后以一个干净利落的最后一击把他打翻在地。战神化身倒在地上再也爬不起来了,彻底战败了。武道家屈膝坐下恢复体力,同时治疗自己身上的累累伤痕。
An armored rider on a black horse reached the top of the summit and dismounted. He walked to the body of the fallen avatar and lifted the sword from its lifeless hand. The blade burned with unholy fire as the dark knight held it aloft.
一个披着重甲的骑士骑着一匹黑马来到了这高地的顶部。他下马走向倒在地上的战神化身,从他已经失去生命的手上拿走了剑。他把这把剑高高的举向天空,剑上原本已经消失的邪恶火焰再一次猛烈的升腾起来。
"D'Lere!" the monk called out. "That sword doesn't belong to you."
“德‘莱尔!”武道家向他叫道。“那把剑不属于你!”
The Overlord removed his helmet to reveal a scarred, smirking face. "Of course it does, fool," he replied. "Soulfire is now where it was always meant to be. I thank you for bringing it to me, and for delivering the true enemies of Freeport to justice."
这个自由港的最高统治者摘掉了他的头盔,露出了他的面容,他带着刀疤的脸上正带着阴谋得逞的奸笑。“它当然是我的,笨蛋,”他回答道。“魂火现在找到了它一直寻找的真正主人了。我很感谢你把它带来给我,并且把自由港的真正敌人也一起带来接受我的制裁。”
"True enemies? What do you--"
“真正的敌人?你说的是……”
Lucan walked to the edge of the plateau and faced the army below. "Citizens of Freeport," he called out in a booming voice that carried across the battlefield, "your Overlord has brought you victory this day! Now is the time to bring justice to the criminals who have returned to our lands! Turn your swords against the Knights of Truth and the Priests of Marr and let none of them escape!"
路坎走到高原的边缘,面朝着下面的军队大声宣布道。“自由港的市民们。”他轰鸣的声音响彻整个战场,“今天!你们的最高领主给你们带来了完全的胜利。现在是时候来制裁那些胆敢回到我们的土地上来的罪犯的时候了!把你们的剑转向攻击真理骑士和玛尔祭司,别让他们跑掉一个!”
"Are you insane?" the monk asked angrily. "You have a chance to wipe out the rest of the orcs, but you'd rather feed your petty desire for revenge?"
“你疯了么?”武道家愤怒的质问道。“你本来有机会可以彻底消灭掉剩余的兽人,但你却宁愿选择满足你那想要报仇的私欲么?”
Lucan laughed as he donned his helm again. He climbed atop the black steed and pointed the edge of Soulfire toward the monk. "Be grateful I let you live, Avatar. Don't think I have forgotten our history. I suggest you return to the desert and show your face in my kingdom no more." He turned the horse and rode down the side of the plateau.
路坎大笑起来,他重新戴上头盔,骑上了他的黑色骏马,把魂火的剑锋指向坐在地上还未恢复过来的武道家。“你要感激我饶你一命,化身。别以为我忘记了我们的历史。我劝你最好还是回到沙漠里去吧,别让我再在我的王国里看到你的脸。”说完他掉转马头冲下了高原。
The monk stood wearily. "It never changes," he told himself. He clenched his fist and hoped he wasn't too late to aid the followers of Marr who had risked their lives by trusting him.
武道家缓缓地站起身来,忽然觉得筋疲力尽,一种无法抑制的厌倦感涌上心头。“从来都没改变过,”他对自己说道。他的双拳紧握着,心中期望现在还来得及帮助那些玛尔的信徒们,那些用他们的生命来相信他的人……

(奎诺斯)
The ranger wandered the battlefield looking for survivors. There were so many fallen, so many who had lost everything for this cause.
游侠漫步在硝烟散尽的战场上,寻找者幸存者。有那么多的人在这倒下了,有那么多人为了这个原因失去了他们的一切。
He saw a barbarian kneeling on the ground, her face stained with dirt and tears. She cradled the fallen man in her arms, rocking him gently back and forth. His armor was cracked by arrows that stuck out from his lifeless chest.
他看见有一个野蛮人跪坐在地上,她的脸上布满征尘和泪水,臂弯里环抱着一个死去的男子,轻轻的来回摇晃着他。那男子已无生机的胸膛上可以看见几个撕裂了胸甲的突起的箭头,看上去他是被背后射来的箭杀死的。
"Are you injured, milady?" The ranger asked softly.
“你受伤了么?女士?”游侠轻声问道。
The barbarian looked up at him. "Murbeck chased after the orcs, even though I told him we'd already beaten them. He didn't notice the archers taking aim. He never saw the arrows coming." She dropped her head and sobbed.
这野蛮人女子抬头看着他说,“我都告诉穆贝克我们已经打赢了,可他还要去追杀兽人。他没注意到自己已经被弓箭手瞄准了。他的眼睛里从来就没有箭。”她说完低下头抽泣起来。
The ranger looked down. He had no solace to give, no answer for her pain. He knew that soon he would leave this realm, and that it would be left to mortals like her to prepare for what was to come.
游侠也低下了头。面对她的哀痛,他觉得自己无法给予任何的安慰或者回答。他知道自己很快就要离开这片土地,这片土地上将只会留下象她这样的凡人,来准备承受将要到来的一切。
"You fought well, my husband," she whispered to him. "You died as a Halasian, and one day your name will be sung in the great halls of our people. You will never be forgotten."
“你做的很出色,我的丈夫,”她对着她死去的丈夫继续耳语道,“你象一个真正的哈勒斯人那样的战死,有一天你的名字会被我们的人民在至高圣殿中称颂。你所做的一切,我们永远不会遗忘!”
The ranger swallowed hard and turned away, leaving the barbarian to her sorrow. The price was too high, he thought to himself. And this was only the beginning.
游侠哽咽着转身离去,把野蛮人独自留在她的悲伤中。代价实在是太高了,他心中想到。而且……这还只是开始……

Chapter 10: The rending
第10章:大撕裂

"You were there when it started?" Vinmar asked.
“你当时在那儿么?那一切开始的时候。”梵玛问道。
"Aye. The first day." Durgen answered grimly.
“在,第一天就在。”德琴的回答总是冷冰冰的。
"What was it like?"
“当时什么样?”

The old dwarf shook his head. "I don't like tellin' of it. Some things are best forgotten."
老矮人摇了摇头,说道:“我不愿意再提起它了。有些事最好被遗忘。”

"Please," the young man pleaded. "I grew up here within the walls of Qeynos. It's not as if the city has gone untouched, but I've never seen the worst of it. I met a Teir'Dal once who claimed she was in Freeport when it began and saw an entire section of the city start to--"
“求你了,”年轻人恳求道,“我是在奎诺斯的城墙里长大的。虽然这座城市看上去也并不是一点没有被那影响,但是我想这里肯定不是最糟糕的。我遇见过一个泰尔达精灵,她说当那发生时她在自由港,她看见城市的整个一个区都……”

"Enough!" the dwarf growled as he slammed his tankard on the bar. "You babble as if this was all some children's story told for your amusement. I've lost friends in the Rendin'. I've lost brothers. You hid in your mama's skirt and soiled your diaper. You know nothin' of it."
“够了!”矮人把酒杯狠很的敲在吧台上咆哮道。“你在胡问些什么?好象这一切都只是给小孩子的逗乐的故事。我……在大撕裂的时候失去了很多朋友!我甚至失去了我的兄弟们。你那时还裹着尿布躲在你妈的围裙下面呢!你知道什么?!”

Vinmar was quiet for a moment. "I lost my father. He was first mate aboard a ship that went out to look for castaways when the seas started to go wild. My mother pleaded with him not to go, but he insisted it was his duty. He never came back."
梵玛沉默了一会,然后开口说道:“我失去了我的父亲。他是一艘船的大副,当大海刚开始变的狂暴的时候,他出海去搜救遇难者。我妈妈求他不要去,但是他坚持要去,说那是他的责任。他再也没有回来。”
Durgen stared at the young man for a time, then spoke softly. "How old were you when your dad went missin'?"
德琴盯着年轻人看了一会,语气不再那么生硬。“你父亲失踪的时候你多大?”
"I wasn't born yet," he answered. "My mother found out she was carrying me a week after his ship was lost. Up until the day I was born, she would walk to the harbor every night at sunset. She'd stand there and watch for that ship to come sailing back. It never did."
“还没出生。”他回答道。“我妈妈发现怀了我时,我父亲的船已经失踪1周了。”直到我出生那天,她每天日落时都要到港口去。她就站在那等着那船归航。但那船再也回不来了。”
Durgen took a long drink of ale. "I lived in the Karanas for many years. Made a livin' there, along with my three brothers."
得琴猛喝了一大口淡啤酒。“我在卡拉那平原住了很多年,和我的三个兄弟在一起。”
"You were a farmer?"
“你是农夫么?”
The dwarf chuckled. "No, boy. I was a thief!"
矮人咯咯笑道,“不是的,小笨蛋。我是盗贼!”
"Oh," Vinmar replied nervously.
“欧。”梵玛回答道,有点不安。
"No need to watch your coin purse. I gave up that life a long time ago. But back in the day, my brothers and I were the most feared bandits in the plains. Brell's Brigands, we called ourselves. Nothin' made us gladder than to see some rich merchant caravan makin' its way across the countryside, for we knew it was ours for the takin'."
“不需要看好你的钱包。我很久以前就放弃那种生活了。不过当年,我和我的兄弟们可是平原上最让人害怕的强盗了。巴瑞尔掠夺者,我们这样称呼自己。没什么比看见有钱的商队穿过田野更让我们高兴的了,因为我们知道那简直就是等着我们去取而已。”
"So you stole from the rich and gave to the poor?"
“那么你们是在劫富济贫么?"
"Ha!" Durgen scoffed loudly. "We stole from the rich and gave to ourselves! Well, and to the card tables in Highkeep, that is. We had a taste for gamblin' and for fine the ladies up in that old castle. We lost our gold as quickly as we stole it, but it was a good life."
"哈!"德琴大声的嘲笑道."我们劫富济己!唔,或者输在高地要塞的牌桌上,就是这样.在那个老城堡里,我们爱好赌钱和取悦女士们.我们花钱的速度和偷钱一样快,但是那真是好日子啊!"
"So what was it like when it began?"
"那么当它开始时到底是什么样子的?"
The old dwarf lost his grin and stroked his gnarled beard. "We were headin' eastward. We'd just robbed some rich high elves and were feelin' pretty pleased with ourselves. There was a village near the eastern edge of the plains, just some farmers and ranchers. We never troubled them, for stealin' from honest folks wasn't our way. We stopped to water our horses, and that's when we noticed it."
老矮人的笑容消失了,摸着他粗糙的胡须说道."那时我们正在向东走.我们刚抢劫了一些有钱的高精正自我感觉好的不能再好.平原的东边有1个村子,里面只是些农夫和牧民.我们从来不给他们找麻烦,因为偷这些诚实的家伙的钱不是我们的作风.我们在那停下来给马饮水,就是那时我们注意到它."
"Noticed what?" Vinmar asked.
"注意到什么?"
"The silence. Every bird and every critter all of a sudden got quiet. The wind seemed perfectly still. It was eerie, I tell ya. My brothers and I looked at each other, wonderin' what in blazes was going on. Then, after a few moments, the animals went wild. The birds started crowin', the horses were buckin' and fussin'. Seconds later the ground shook like I'd never felt before."
"寂静.所有鸟所有家畜忽然都不出声了.连风都似乎完全静止了.这实在太怪异了,我跟你说.我和我的兄弟们面面相嘘,觉得真邪门了,不知道接下来会发生什么?然后,过了没多久,动物们都开始发狂.鸟儿刮刮乱叫,马儿乱跑乱跳.几秒种后大地开始摇晃,我从来没见识过这么大的晃动.
Durgen paused and drank again. Even beneath his overgrown eyebrows, Vinmar could see the sad, faraway look in the dwarf's eyes.
德琴停了下来又喝了口酒.即使藏在他长的过分的眉毛之下,梵玛还是能从他眼里看到悲哀,恍惚的样子.
"My brothers and I were knocked clear off our feet--and to do that to a band of rowdy dwarves, you know it was a powerful force indeed. Most every buildin' in that village started breakin' apart, and the people ran out in a panic. Cracks started formin' in the ground, then those cracks ripped wide open. Many of the poor animals got dragged down as the earth beneath them gave way."
"我和我的兄弟们都摔得七仰八叉---你要知道要让一队粗暴的矮人那样,真得是多大的力量啊.那村子里几乎所有的建筑都开始倒塌,人们惊慌的从里面逃出来.地面上开始出现裂纹,然后很快裂纹扩大开来.当脚下的地面塌陷时很多可怜的动物就这样被拽到了下面.
"Poor creatures," Vinmar noted.
"可怜的生物"梵玛插话道.
"We could barely stand up. The ground was tearin' itself apart all around us. I pictured the stories I'd heard about the Battle of Defiance, and suddenly I felt like one of those wretched orcs being punished by Brell. I didn't know if the gods were cursin' us, but it sure felt like it that day."
"我们几乎无法站起来.我们周围的地面裂成碎片.我眼前仿佛浮现我所听说的关于藐视之战的一些故事,我忽然觉得我就象是那些被巴瑞尔惩罚的可悲的兽人中的一员.我不知道是否神在诅咒我们,但是那天就象是那样."
"What did you do?"
"你作了什么?"
"We tried to run. I was the slowest of my brothers, so they were out in front. Bergen and Bormen were no more than fifteen paces ahead of me when the ground opened up under them. They tumbled downward, and in the blink of an eye they were gone."
"我们试图逃跑.我是我兄弟中最慢的,所以他们跑在我的前面.当巴禁和巴门脚下的土地裂开时,他们只在我前面不到15步远.他们滚了下去,只是一眨眼工夫就没了."
Vinmar silently looked away as the dwarf paused to collect himself. Durgen was quiet for a long while.
梵玛静静的把脸转向一边,让矮人不受打扰的收拾自己的情绪。过了好一会,德琴才恢复了平静。
"Curnen and I couldn't do a thing to save them. We sat there in shock, knowin' we were probably next. I looked around and couldn't believe how everything was bein' ripped apart like that. A family of halflings was runnin' toward us, and I saw their little girl trip as a crack opened up beneath her. She started slippin' away, screaming out for her mama."
“科能和我什么也做不了,只能眼睁睁的看着。我们坐在那,完全被吓住了,知道自己说不定就是下一个。我看着四周,简直不能相信所有一切会变的那样支离破碎。一队半身人,看上去是一家人,正跑向我们,我看到他们的小女儿被脚下忽然裂开的裂缝绊倒了。她开始往下掉,哭喊着“妈妈救我!”。
"Gods!" Vinmar exclaimed. "Did her parents help her?"
“老天!”梵玛惊叫道,“她父母去帮她了么?”
"They each had a child in their arms already. They couldn't do anythin' without puttin' another child at risk. Without even thinkin' I grabbed Curnen's arm and charged toward that little girl. I yelled at my brother to hang onto my ankles so I could scoot forward and grab her. I got hold of her little hands and pulled her up, then we ran westward with that family to find safer ground."
“他们各自怀里都已经抱着个孩子了。除非他们把另一个孩子置于危险之中,否则他们什么也做不了。我当时想也没想。拉住科能的手就向小女孩冲了过去。我对我兄弟大叫,让他抓住我的脚踝把我垂下去,这样我就可以探下身去抓住小女孩。我抓住了她的小手把她拉了上来,然后我们和她一家一起往西跑去找个更安全的地方。”
"What became of the village?" Vinmar asked.
“那个村子怎样了?”梵玛问道。
"I turned around to look. There was no trace; not one house or buildin' stood. The earth had ripped open and made a small canyon where that family's house had been. Over the days we spent travelin' toward Qeynos, we saw even more destruction. Bridges had collapsed, roads were torn up, and many lives were lost. That was only the start of it. Soon it happened again, then again, and again, with more devastation comin' at a quicker pace. The seas went wild and became impassable. The wind brought fires one day and storms the next. Priests prayed for the elemental gods to come back and restore balance, but there was no answer. They keep on prayin', and nothin' comes of it. Norrath is still tearin' itself apart."
“我转身去看。一点痕迹也没留下:没一幢房子或者建筑还立着。大地在原来是那家人房子的地方撕裂开一个大口子,形成了一个小峡谷。在我们到达奎诺斯之前的那些旅行的日子里,我们看到了许多更惨的。桥梁倒塌了,道路撕碎了,很多生命失去了。而那次撕裂只是个开始。很快又发生了撕裂,接着又是,一次接一次的,越来越严重的破坏来的越来越快。大海变的狂暴不再可以航行。大风带来了大火然后接着就是风暴。牧师们向元素之神们祈祷,请求他们回来恢复平衡,但是没有回应。他们就继续不停的祈祷,但是什么用都没有。诺拉斯大陆还是在一天天的支离破碎。”
"You were a hero, saving the little girl like that."
“你是个英雄,你那样勇敢的救了那个小女孩。”
"Bah, some hero," Durgen scoffed. "I couldn't save my own brothers. Nothin' we did mattered."
“呸,什么英雄。”德琴嘲弄道。“我都救不了自己的兄弟。我们做的这些一点用都没。”
"That's not true," a small voice responded. Vinmar and the dwarf turned to see the barmaid, a pretty halfling woman standing nearby. "What you did mattered a lot to my family, and especially to me. I was the little girl you rescued that day, and I've always wanted to meet the brave dwarf who risked his life to save mine."
“那不是真的。”一个细小的声音回应道。梵玛和矮人转过身去看酒吧的女招待,一个漂亮的半身人女子,她正站在边上。“你所做的对我的家庭至关重要,尤其是对我。我就是那天你救的那个小女孩,我一直都盼望能看到那个冒着生命危险救我的勇敢的矮人。“
The young man smiled. "See, you are a hero!" he said to Durgen.
年轻人笑了,”看到没,你是一个英雄!”他对德琴说。
"No," the dwarf replied. "I'm just a retired thief who spends too much time in bars. Look for heroes elsewhere, boy."
“不,”矮人回答道。“我只是一个在酒吧里泡得太久了的退休盗贼。去别处找英雄吧,孩子。”
"Nonsense," the halfling declared. "Heroes arise when they're needed. Whatever you did before, that day you proved yourself. And I'll always be grateful." She climbed up onto the barstool next to Durgen and leaned close to him, kissing the dwarf's nose. Beneath his hairy features, he almost seemed to blush.
“胡说,”半身人坚决的说。“英雄就是在需要时挺身而出的人。无论你之前作过什么,那一天你证明了自己。而我对此会永远心存感激。”她爬上德琴边上的高脚凳,把身体靠向他,吻了矮人的鼻子。即使矮人脸上满脸的毛发,也无法遮掩住他满脸通红的样子。
"A round of drinks then," Vinmar told the barkeep. "A toast to Durgen!"
“我请所有人喝一杯,”梵玛对酒吧老板说道,“敬德琴一杯!”
"A toast to my brothers," the dwarf added.
“敬我的兄弟们,”矮人补充道。
"To all of those who have been lost," said the halfling.
“敬所有在大撕裂中丧生的人们,”半身人说道。
The three of them nodded and drank in silence, grateful for the things that still endured.
三个人点头同意,默默的喝完了杯中酒,对自己虽然历经风霜却仍然能艰难度过心存感激。

==========================
chapter11?
==========================
ts

发帖
白金币
威望
人气
昵称
我玩过
D2,石器,EQ,EQ2,EVE,激战,指环王
正在玩
FF14
爱好
只看该作者 地板  发表于: 2007-05-27
Chapter 12:The shattering
第12章:破碎

They crept through the shadows and waited for the guard to pass.
他们匍匐在阴影里,等待守卫的通过。
"He's gone, Tielya. It's safe."
“他走了,提尔雅。安全了。”
"The guards should be the least of your concerns," she replied. "If my father ever found out that a human like you would be so bold as to touch a Teir'Dal maiden, he'd have your head on a pike before dawn."
“你需要担心的事情多着呢,守卫算是最不重要的,”她回答道,“如果我父亲知道了一个象你这样的人类竟敢碰一个泰尔达少女,他不到天亮就会把你的头插在他的矛尖上的。”
"Good point," he said, pulling her close to him. "And what do you think he'd do if he found out that I'm going to marry you?"
“说得好,”他说道,同时把她拉近自己。“那么你觉得他会怎么做呢?如果他知道我将要娶你的话。”
"Impudent human!" she exclaimed, pushing away. "What makes you think a daughter of the house of V'Dreth would consent to such a union?"
“厚脸皮的人类!”她惊叫着,把他的身子推开。“是什么让你怎么以为一个冯’德瑞斯家族的女儿会同意这样的结合?”
"This," he answered, kissing her softly.
“就是这,”他回答道,开始温柔的吻着她。
She smiled. "Even so, my father will be furious. I'm not joking when I say we have to be careful."
她笑了。“虽然这样,我父亲还是会大发雷霆的。我不是开玩笑的说,我们必须小心谨慎。”
"I know," he answered, "but your father isn't here right now. And if we don't make our way to the docks soon, the guard will be back. Let's go."
“我知道,”他回答道,“但是你父亲现在并不在这啊。而我们如果不快点动身去码头的话,守卫倒是马上就要回来了。走吧。”
He took her hand and led her to the pier. A small boat was tied up below the dock. They climbed down into it and untied the rope, rowing quietly into the harbor.
他拉着她的手带者她来到码头。一艘小船绑在码头的下面。他们爬上船解开缆绳,悄无声息的划出港口。
"Such a beautiful night," Tielya said. "I love the darkness of the new moon. Don't you, Sarven?"
“多美丽的夜晚啊!”提尔雅说道。“我爱这新月亮的黑色。你不爱么?萨文?”
"I love the darkness of your skin more, but the moon is nice, too." He smiled. Her eyes glinted back at him.
“我更爱你皮肤的黑色,不过月亮也不错。”他笑道。她的眼睛闪动着光芒,含情脉脉的回头看着他。
They rowed around the edge of the harbor, past the tall ships anchored at the Freeport docks. Their boat glided out of sight of the watchtowers to a deserted spot near the sandy shore. Sarven put down the oars and Tielya leaned back against him. They looked out across the silent water.
他们沿着海港的边缘划行着,穿过抛锚在自由港码头的高大的船只中。他们的船溜出了监视踏的视野,驶向一个沙滩附近的废弃场所。萨文放下了船浆,而提尔雅斜靠着他。他们的目光穿过寂静的水面投向远处。
"The sea hasn't been this calm for a long time. A good omen, I think," she said to him.
“大海很久没这么平静了。这是个好兆头,我觉得。”她对他说。
"Indeed. Maybe it's a sign that we should run away from your family and start a new life somewhere else."
“千真万确。或许这暗示我们应该逃离你的家族,在其他什么地方开始我们的新生活。”
"Where could we go that a human and a dark elf would be allowed to live together? The Commonlands are overrun by orcs. If we fled to Nektulos, the fanatical Thexians would eagerly hunt you down. And while you might be able to find a place in Qeynos, I doubt they'd be very welcoming to a Teir'Dal. The oceans are still unsafe to cross. Our options are--"
“我们能去哪呢?一个人类和一个暗黑精灵会被允许一起生活么?公共大陆上的兽人泛滥成灾。如果我们逃去尼克图斯,那些头脑狂热的泰尔达民族主义者会迫不及待的干掉你。虽然你或许可以在奎诺斯找到一个地方居住,但是我怀疑他们会欢迎一个泰尔达精灵么?海洋目前还不能安全通过。我们的选择……”
She stopped when she noticed the sky over the water begin to shimmer and grow brighter.
她忽然停了下来,她看见水面上的天空忽然开始有些微光透过并且越来越亮。
"What is that?" Sarven asked.
“那是什么?”萨文问道。
"Some kind of distortion is forming. Whatever it is, it's enormous."
“天空正在扭曲变形。不管那是什么,那个东西非常之大。”
The flickering light coalesced. There, in the sky before them, was a round moon circled by an ephemeral ring.
云层上忽隐忽现的光斑开始汇合在一起。那里,在他们面前的天空中,出现了一轮圆月,带着围绕着它的稍瞬即逝的光环。
"By the gods!" Tielya exclaimed. "Can that be Luclin?"
“神啊!”提尔雅惊叫。“那个难道是路卡琳?”
"I read about it growing up, but access to the moon was lost centuries ago. It was said to be hidden behind some kind of veil. Why would it be visible now?"
“我从小就读到过它,但是去那个月亮的途径很多世纪前就失传了。它据说被某种东西给遮掩住了,为什么现在忽然能看见了呢?”
As he spoke, the moon began to glow brighter. Lines of energy arced across its surface as if the entire sphere crackled with power.
他正说着,月亮发出了更强烈的光芒。在它的表面出现了许多沿着球面扩展的能量线看上去似乎整个球面都快给过大的能量撑裂了。
"What is happening?" she asked.
“会发生什么?”她问道。
"Tielya, cover your eyes," he told her.
“提尔雅,遮住你的眼睛。”他对她说。
"But it's so beautiful."
“但是,这是这么美……”
"Cover your eyes!"
“遮住你的眼睛!”
For an instant the sky flashed as bright as day. Sarven squinted and shielded his eyes with his arm. After a moment the light dimmed, and he looked up to see Luclin broken apart in the sky, a wave of energy carrying chunks of debris rapidly toward Norrath.
有一个瞬间天空被照的如白昼般明亮。萨文把目光移向一边,用手臂遮住了眼睛。瞬间过去,光芒暗淡下来,他抬起头看见路卡琳在天空中裂成随片,一道冲击波夹杂着大块的残骸向诺拉斯急速的飞来。
"We need to go quickly," he said. I don't know how far away Luclin is, but it looks like pieces of it will be hitting soon."
“我们必须马上走。”他说道。“我不知道路卡琳离我们有多远,但是看上去它的一些碎片很快就会砸来。”
"Sarven," she said softly, her eyes staring forward.
“萨文,”她轻声说道,她的眼睛还直直的看着前方。
"Yes?"
“怎么?”
"I can't see anymore."
“我看不见了……”

"What do we know?" he asked.
“我们知道些什么?”他问道。
"Very little," the informant replied. "Most in Freeport were asleep when it happened, though of course the intensity of the light awoke them."
“非常少。”提供情报的人回答道。“当它发生时,自由港的大多数人还在睡觉,虽然理所当然的那强光惊醒了他们。”
"Can we even confirm it was Luclin?"
“我们是否至少能确认它是路卡琳?”
"Some who claim to have been to the Plane of Sky long ago agreed it looked like what they saw there, but who can say for certain? The planes play tricks on the eyes, and nothing may be what it appears. If it was Luclin, it was not as distant as many thought."
“一些声称很久以前去过天空神域的人说它看上去象是他们以前在那看到的路卡琳,但是谁敢一口咬定呢?神域经常耍弄这种诡计来欺骗我们的眼睛,可能根本不是它看上去那样的。如果那是路卡琳的话,它不象许多人想的那样遥远。”
"Any idea as to the cause?"
“关于发生这的原因有任何头绪么?”
"Just rumors. Luclin has been cut off from us for so long now, many had all but forgotten about it. The priests think its destruction is a portent that the gods will soon return. Others speak of an invasion that happened there long ago and claim this is the result. The ogres blame it on gnome meddling; the humans suspect the ratonga. The Overlord has begun an investigation of his own, but at this point nothing is certain."
“只有些谣传。路卡琳被从我们的世界分割出去已经那么长的时间了,大多数人都几乎遗忘了它。牧师们认为它的毁灭预示着神很快将会归来。其余人都提到很久以前在那发生的那次入侵并认为这次大爆炸是那次入侵最终结果。巨魔们认为都是地精们瞎搞出来的,而人类怀疑鼠人。最高领主已经启动了他自己的调查,但是目前没什么有定论。”
"How bad are the casualties?"
“伤亡有多大?”
"Too many to count. The largest pieces hit first, causing huge impact craters and scorching the lands. The Arcane Scientists claim that debris may be falling for years, perhaps even decades. They simply don't know."
“多到数不清。那些最大的碎片最早飞来,造成许多巨大的陨石坑并且把大地化为焦土。奥术科学家们声称残骸还会这样一直掉落,会持续上几年,或许甚至是几十年。他们完全不知道到底会多久。”
The older Teir'Dal scowled. "I must have answers. Bring him in."
年长的泰尔达皱起了眉头。“我必须知道答案。把他带上来。”
Two guards opened the door and left the room, returning moments later dragging a man between them. He had been beaten badly and couldn't walk on his own. They brought him before their master and held him up.
守卫打开大门走了出去,不一会就回来了,队伍里拖着一个男子。他显然被暴打了一顿都无法自己走路。他们把他带到主人面前提起他的身子使他能够站立。
"Tell me, human, what did you see?"
“告诉我,人类,你都看到了什么?”
"I... already told you," he replied weakly.
“我……早就告诉过你了,”他虚弱的回答道。
The dark elf slapped him hard across the face. "Vile wretch! You blind my daughter and now lie to my face! No one may do that to V'Dreth and live!" The Teir'Dal slapped him again.
黑暗精灵狠狠的抽了他一个耳光。“下贱的东西!你让我的女儿失去了视力,现在竟然还敢当着我的面说谎!没人能对冯’德瑞斯家族的人做了这些事之后还能活命的!”泰尔答精灵又抽了他一个耳光。
"We were... on the boat. We saw the flash. I begged her to look away. I would never hurt her."
“我们那时……在船上。我们看见闪光。我求过她不要看。我永远都不会伤害她的。”
"Lies!" V'Dreth cried out as he hit Sarven again. "You kidnapped Tielya to hold her for ransom and stole her sight to hide your identity! Now tell me what you saw!" He clenched his fist and prepared to strike him again.
“谎言!”冯’德瑞斯大声咆哮着,又给了萨文一击。“你拐骗提尔雅想用她来勒索赎金,还偷走了她的视力妄图隐藏你的身份!现在!告诉我你看到了什么!”他握紧拳头准备再给他来一下。
"Enough, father," Tielya called out from the doorway. "Do not hurt the man I love."
“够了,父亲,”提尔雅在大门外叫道。“别伤害我的爱人。”
V'Dreth cringed. "You do not know what you are saying. He is a filthy human who has cast some spell on your mind. You could not love one such as him!"
冯’德瑞斯向后退了一步,不可置信的看着他的女儿。“你不知道你自己在说什么。他只是个丑恶的人类,他一定对你的脑子施了某种魔法。你不可能爱象他这样的人!”
She let go of the doorway and walked forward, nearly stumbling when she reached the edge of the table. She felt her way along it until she stood near her father.
她放开扶着的大门向前走来,当她到达桌边的时候几乎被绊了一下几乎摔倒。但她还是一路摸索着走到她父亲面前。
"You have asked him over and over again what he saw. Why do you not ask the same of me?"
“你一次次的问他他看见了什么。你为什么不也来问问我呢?”
V'Dreth was silent for a moment. "Alright then, what did you see?"
冯’德瑞斯沉默了一会。“那好,那么,你看到了什么?”
She smiled faintly as she stared straight ahead with sightless eyes. "The moon was so clear. It was alive with energy flowing through every part of it. Then it was as if something in the center broke loose and leapt outward, like a bird of prey hatching from an egg. I couldn't turn away. It was so beautiful."
她微微一笑用失去视力的双眼直直的看着前方。“月亮是那么的清晰。它看上去好象活的一样,能量在它的每一部分流动着。然后,似乎有什么在它的中心被释放然后向外面猛的一跳,好象一只小鸟从蛋壳中破壳而出。我无法转过我的头去不看它。它太美了!”
He looked down at the ground, then back at his daughter. "Do you really love this human?"
他低下头看着地面,然后转身面对着他的女儿。“你真的喜欢这个人类么?”
"I do," she said defiantly.
“是的。”她倔强的说。
"Then have him," he said, motioning for his guards to drop Sarven on the floor. "Leave now, and never return to my house. I no longer have a daughter."
“那好,他归你了。”他说,示意他的守卫们把萨文放在地上。“现在,离开这里,永远也别再回到我的房子里来。我不再有这个女儿了。”
Her face was stoic as she nodded once, bending down to help Sarven to his feet. "Guide me, my love, and I will carry you," she whispered to him.
一瞬间她脸上的表情复杂至极,但最终,她毅然决然而面无表情的点了点头,弯下腰帮助萨文站立起来。“指引我,我的爱人,我会扶着你的。”她对他耳语道。
V'Dreth watched them go. He turned to the guards. "See that they find a room in an inn, somewhere out of the way. Deliver her things there. Make sure no harm comes to them, but never speak of them to me again. Go."
冯’德瑞斯看着他们离去。他转身对卫兵们说。“帮他们找个旅馆的房间,在某个不起眼的小地方。把她的东西带到那儿。确保他们不会受到任何伤害,但是永远不要再对我提起他们。去吧。”
The guard saluted and walked away. V'Dreth turned back to his informant. "There must be more answers to be had. Find them."
卫兵敬了个礼走开了。冯’德瑞斯转身面向他的情报官。“必须要有更多的答案,去找吧。”
The informant bowed and headed through the door, leaving V'Dreth alone in the dark chamber. The Teir'Dal touched the edge of the table his daughter had followed, then clenched his fist and stared into the shadows.
情报官躬身行礼然后退下了,只有冯’德瑞斯一人留在那黑暗的房间里。泰尔达精灵摩挲着她女儿刚摸过的桌沿,拳头紧握,深深的眼光浸入阴影之中。

Chapter 13:Destiny Awaits:
第13章:命运未决
My first glimpse of the ship filled me with awe. I’d seen boats before, of course; small craft that would cautiously cling to the safety of the coastline. But this was a tall ship, the kind built to travel across dangerous oceans that were only now becoming navigable. Vessels like this hadn't dared to journey across the seas since the cataclysms began, so to see one for the first time made my heart leap inside my chest.
第一眼看到这艘船,就让我叹为观止。我以前见过很多船。当然,都是那些只能小心翼翼的沿着海岸线航行的小船。但这个可是艘高大的船,是那种可以用来在那些刚刚开始恢复通航的危险海域里航行的船。自从大灾难降临以来,即使这样的船都不敢进行越洋航行了,所以第一次看到这种船的时候我兴奋的心都快跳出来了。
Though I’d never ventured very far beyond the outskirts of my home village, I knew the tales of the great war, the Rending, and of course the Shattering. The eldest among us taught this dark history to the young ones, telling of a time when our world was a vastly different place. Some of them were afraid of what existed beyond the confines of our village, but not me.
虽然我之前的所谓冒险从未远离过我们村子的周边,但是我也听说过许多关于那次伟大的战争,大撕裂,当然还有大破碎的传奇故事。我们中最年长的长者曾经告诉过我们这些年轻人这段黑暗的历史,讲述着我们的世界曾经是怎样一个完全不同于现在的世界。他们中的一些对村子外面的世界存在些什么,心怀忧虑,但是我一点也不。
I’d always felt a calling, as if something was out there waiting for me. I had grown up with no idea what my future would hold or how I was to find it, but I could never shake the feeling that my life wasn’t meant to be spent in a small seaside village. So when the ship arrived and the crew came ashore looking for volunteers, I knew it was my chance.
我一直感到一种召唤,就好象远方的某些的东西正等待着我。我已经长大成人了,但是对于我的未来会怎样或者我怎样才能找到我的未来完全没有头绪,但是有一个感觉却从未动摇过,那就是我不想我的一生就在这样一个海边的小渔村中度过。所以当这艘船来到这,船员们上岸来找志愿水手时,我知道我的机会来了。
Saying goodbye was difficult. I didn’t know if I would ever see my friends and family again, but this was something I had to do. I joined the crew of the merchant ship and met some of the other recruits who, like me, had chosen this new life. There was Geredo, a clever gnome; Valik, the strong and agile kerra; and Anikra and Balen, a married half elf couple. While I didn't intend to spend my life as a seafaring merchant, it seemed like a gateway to the sort of excitement I was looking for.
离别是这样的困难,我不知道我是否还有机会再次见到我的朋友和家人,但我想这是我必须要做的事。我加入到这艘商船的水手行列中,在这我遇见了许多其他的新船员,那些象我一样,选择了这样一种崭新人生的人。他们中有,格瑞豆,一个机灵的地精;瓦列克,一个强壮敏捷的猫人;还有爱昵坷拉和巴伦,一对半精灵夫妇。虽然我并不想做一辈子的海上商人,但是这看上去是迈向我所追寻的刺激人生的必经之路。
Little did I know that excitement was about to come looking for me.
我当时一点也不知道,不等我去找刺激,它已经先来找我了。
The brigands attacked without warning. It all happened so fast, it's still a blur. There was a brief battle, but we were ill-prepared to fight against such seasoned pirates. They threw some of us, like poor Balen, overboard. I either jumped or was knocked off the deck; I can't be sure which. The last thing I remember is grabbing hold of Anikra and clinging to a piece of wreckage as the brigands sailed away. Then the darkness overtook me and I blacked out.
强盗攻来的时候完全没有任何预警。一切发生的太快,现在想来还是不太清楚到底是怎么回事。有过一次短暂的战斗,不过和这样经验丰富的海盗作战我们显然还没准备好。他们把我们中的一些人,比如可怜的巴伦扔到了船外的海里。我也记不清是自己跳还是是被打落的,反正也摔出了甲板,掉进海里。我记得的最后一件事是,海盗们离去时,我正紧抓住爱昵坷拉递给我的手,死死的抱住了一块船的残骸。然后,黑暗压倒了我,我昏了过去。
I awoke on board an even bigger ship, with markings on its sails I didn't recognize. I stood slowly and looked out across the rolling seas.
我在一艘比先前那艘还大的船上醒来,上面的水手都戴着我不认识的标记。我慢慢的站起身来,望向船外浪花滚滚的大海。
I suddenly realized that there was a whole new world out there beyond the waves, and it didn't belong to gods or dragons or the armies of the past; it belonged to me, and to others who longed to explore the mysteries of the unknown. This was our time, a time of destiny, and I knew that I would soon become part of a world that I had never dared imagine.
忽然,我意识到了,在远方,在这波涛之外,是一个全新的世界,这个世界不属于神诋们,不属于巨龙们,也不属于那些逝去的大军,而是属于那些渴望着去探索这片未知神秘的人。这是我们的时代,自己主宰命运的时代,我知道我很快也会成为这个我从来都不敢梦想的世界的一分子。
The captain is calling out. I think the adventure is about to begin.
船长在召唤我了。我想,冒险就要开始了……
(全文完)
发帖
白金币
威望
人气
昵称
我玩过
正在玩
爱好
只看该作者 粪坑  发表于: 2009-03-03
顶顶顶