D2,石器,EQ,EQ2,EVE,激战,指环王
正在玩
FF14
爱好
只看楼主 倒序阅读 楼主  发表于: 2007-04-30
— 本帖被 ts 从 诺拉斯史册 移动到本区(2010-05-31) —
The History of the Ayr’Dal
阿尔达Ayr’Dal的历史

Through my own experiences, I have gained knowledge and insight into the Ayr'Dal. Each part of this history tome can only be completed in its own time.
虽然通过自己的亲身经历,我对阿尔达们的历史有了长足认识和充分了解。但是历史的卷轴终究只能由时间来自行补充完整。

Story 1
故事1

My name is Trinni Mellosius and I'm a half-elf. I guess that's why my teacher asked me to write a research paper about our history. As if we have a history of our own! But since I need to pass this class, I guess I'll write one.
我叫Trinni Mellosius,是一个半精灵。我想,那大概就是我的老师来喊我来写我们种族历史的缘由,可前提得是我们的确要拥有自己的历史啊!但是,为了过了这门课,我想我必须要写一篇东西了。

So you're walking around Qeynos, or maybe even Freeport (I live in Willow Wood, so I just have to guess about you-know-where) and you see someone who has pointy ears like an elf, is taller than an elf, but not so tall as a human and what have you got? Ayr'Dal!
呃,当你走在奎诺斯的街道上,或者在自由港漫步的时候,(我住在一棵柳树上,所以我想你应该猜到我住在何处了)当你看到一个长着类似精灵耳朵、身高却在人类和精灵之间的家伙,你会想到什么?没错,那就是我们阿尔达。

In my opinion, which doesn't necessarily reflect the view of my teacher, half-elves are gorgeous, with our pointy ears and great complexions. I mean, high elves look kind of scrawny next to one of us, don't they? They're... ethereal-like. It's kind of creepy.
我的观点是——当然那不是完全我老师的观点——半精灵就素华丽的,特别是我们华丽的尖耳朵和漂亮的肤色。我觉得,那些比我们都瘦的高精灵就素……天上飘的浮云,嗯,让人起鸡皮疙瘩的那种。>_<

Obviously, we're called half-elves because half our blood is elvish. What makes the other half? Human! I don't know that there's any half-elf that's like, half elf and half dwarf, so it's always half-human. Why they don't call us half-human, I don't know.
很明显,我们是因为身体内流着一半精灵的血液,所以才被叫做半精灵。那么我们另外一半是什么呢?当然是人类!我不知道是不是有一半精灵一半矮人这样类似半精灵的种族。但其实我们也是一半的人类啊。那么为什么不叫我们“半人类”,呃,我也不知道……

Actually, I do know: half-human is an insult. Which makes me wonder: is half-elf supposed to be an insult, too? That would be pretty rotten, don't you think? Anyway, back to our history. So, an elf and a human fell in love and their baby turned out to be one of us.
事实上,我知道“半人类”其实是一种篾称。那么半精灵是不是也是一种篾称呢?或许那是一种褒义的玩笑吧……不管怎么说,先回到我们的历史这个主题来:一个精灵和一个人类坠入爱河,然后他们的孩子就是我们中的一个。

插评论:一篇笨笨的半精灵mm应付老师的文章……谁把这个东西塞到我的文稿里去的……

Story 2
故事2

Mostly half-elves are the off-spring of humans and Feir'Dal. That's because wood elves are really the nicest of the bunch and don't mind talking to other folks. My best friend Daryann is a wood elf. She's like a sister to me. Say…I wonder if she really IS my sister? That would be great!
大部分的半精灵是费尔达和人类们的结晶。那是因为木精灵们总是喜欢美好的群居生活,而且不介意和别的种族杂居。我最好的朋友Daryann就是一个木精灵,她好像是我的姐姐一样……当然如果她真的是的话,那更棒!

So, if a half-elf marries a half-elf and they have a child, is that child a quarter-elf? If a half-elf marries a full-elf (probably a Feir'Dal, they're the nicest), is their baby a three-quarters-elf? Could my descendants (if I have any) marry elves enough to eventually turn back into full-elves? Thinking about that kind of stuff makes my head hurt!
那么,如果半精灵之间通婚并有了孩子的话,那是不是“四分之一”精灵……?如果一个半精灵和一个纯种的精灵结婚,(比如木精灵,他们是最漂亮的嘛)那么他们的孩子是不是“四分之三”精灵?我的孩子(当然如果我有的话)能不能通过每一代都和木精灵们结婚,最终又回到纯种的精灵?诸如此类的问题常常把我弄得非常头痛!

I don't mind telling you that I can't stand those snooty Koada'Dal. Who do they think they are, anyway? I mean, half-elves are elves too! Sort of. They talk down to us, as I'm sure the Teir'Dal do in Freeport about their half-elves. But think about it: we're children of love!
我不介意告诉你,我实在不能容忍那些骄傲自大的克达尔达们(高精灵们)。他们自以为算什么东西,哼!我想说,半精灵也是精灵!!他们谈论我们的时候,总是带有几分看不起的感觉。而且我肯定自由港的泰尔达们对那些半精灵也一样!但是要知道,我们可是(不同种族)爱情的结晶!

The only elves who are actually decent to us are the Feir'Dal. So, when their homes were all torn up and Kelethin was destroyed, who took them in? Ayr'Dal! Those lightweight Koada'Dal couldn't be bothered, of course. The snobs. Humans, which are the other half in a half-elf, have usually treated us fairly. You might run into one or two of those types that don't hold with mixed marriages, but I have to say again: we're the children of love.
唯一对我们友善的精灵是木精灵们。所以当他们的家园——克勒辛被摧毁的时候,谁容纳了他们?是我们阿尔达!那些轻飘飘的克达尔达们理所当然不能被打扰哦,BS那些势利鬼!反而是人类倒能比较公平对待我们。或许你也有时会偶尔遇到一两个看低异族通婚的家伙们,不过我还是要说,我们可是爱情的结晶。

And you can't force anyone to love anything else, just because of what they are. Except maybe for badgers. They're really mean and once I got a nasty slice on my arm from one -- I'll show you the scar later -- but gosh, they sure are cute! I totally adore those little pink noses! So even though they're mean, I absolutely love badgers just for being badgers.
你并不能强迫别人去喜欢所有其它的东西,只因为那是他们自己的事情,呃,除了那些獾……它们太卑鄙了,还曾经咬了我的手臂一口呢。等等……我给你看我的伤口。糟糕透顶的是,它们太聪明了啊。可我真的非常喜欢它们粉红色的小鼻子……所以就算它们很卑鄙,我还是很喜欢它们,没有理由哦,只因为它们是獾啊。

Story 3
故事3

When Luclin shattered, it was pretty awesome. All of Norrath had already been through some pretty rough times, and then the biggest thing in the sky suddenly goes ker POW one day? I'm glad I didn't see it, though, because it might have been creepy. I'm sure you heard the story of the duckling that goes around saying, "The sky is falling! The sky is falling!" -- or was it a goose? Anyway, was that about the Shattering or what? It was written by a half-elf! True story! We're pretty creative.
当露卡琳成为碎片的时候,那的确是一种非常恐怖的事情。整个诺拉斯都度过了一段相当恐怖的时光。然后最大的事情是:天空看上去似乎感觉正分裂开来。我很庆幸我没有看到那时候的天空,想象也是让人起鸡皮疙瘩……我肯定你听说过蹒跚着爬来爬去的小鸭子故事。鸭子大叫:“天塌啦,天塌啦!”呃,那是鹅还是鸭子来着……不管怎么说,那是不是就是关于露卡琳破碎的故事呐?那可是一个半精灵写的。好真实的故事,我们可真有创造力的种族!!!

It's real funny, I think, that the high-and-mighty high elves now have to live like the rest of us, among the mortals. Sometimes I'll sneak over into Castle view Hamlet just to irritate them. They'd rather we "remembered our place" and stay in the Willow Wood.
每次我想到那些高贵而又有权势的高精灵们,现在不得不和我们一样,和人类混杂居住,我就偷笑。有时候,我喜欢偷偷摸摸爬到高墙去,看他们的小村子,并故意被发现来刺激他们。嗯,嗯,他们宁愿我们“记住自己的地位”,然后一直住在柳树上面,不是么?

You see, the Willow Wood has been the home of half-elves for a very long time. The humans can be as snobby as the high elves sometimes, and we half-elves really liked doing things our own way. So we built our little village right there and it's been great.
看到了么?柳树就曾经是很久以来半精灵们的家。人类啊,有时候会像高精灵们一样势利。但是我们半精灵可是喜欢按照自己做事情的方式生活。所以,我们就在那里建造我们自己的小村子,而现在村子已经很大了。

As I mentioned earlier, when the wood elves got displaced from Faydark, they came right to us. We like a lot of the same things, although not the same kind of music, but that's okay. We get along fine.
我记得还要早些的时候,当那些木精灵在费达克无家可归的时候,他们到这里来投*我们。我们发觉大家都喜欢同样的事物。虽然对音乐的理解不同,不过没有关系,大家都能相处的很好。

Teacher's Note: Trinni, you have as usual managed to fill space without substance. You will re-write your paper, correcting any fallacies and removing your personal opinions therefrom. Badgers! Indeed!
老师点评:Trinni,看得出你很努力地在用空洞无物的内容凑够了字数。可是由于你应付作文的态度,你必须重新写你的文章。注意要改正所有的那些谬论和你自己的FC观点,特别是关于那些獾的!!

原文Quote自http://eq2.allakhazam.com/db/guides.html?guide=372
快速回复
限300 字节

上一个 下一个