winding thend 德莫 坚果
我玩过
MUD.UO.EQ.PSOL.EVE.LOTRO.天下2.WOT
正在玩
激战2美服 EVE
爱好
书 电影 游戏
只看楼主 倒序阅读 楼主  发表于: 2007-05-02
One irritation peoplechasing the Drunkard title experience is that, after working hard togather the alcohol they need, they are forced to spend weeks or evenmonths of slow, steady drinking before they can display their newtitle. There have been a few threads about a method of rapidlyacquiring minutes towards the Drunkard title. The idea is that you mapzone while drunk, and when you reach your destination you'll(theoretically) be credited with the minutes you would have spent drunkif you had stayed put. Unfortunately, the information I've found onthis topic is either incomplete or inaccurate (including numerousclaims that zoning has been "nerfed", which it certainly has not).

I recently set out to max the Drunkard title with hopes that I coulduse zoning to achieve my goal more quickly. Like others who have postedon this subject, I found that when zoning to and from my guild hall(Warrior's Isle) after drinking I was being credited with 0-3 minutesdrunk (usually 0). At first it seemed like this was entirely random,and the pace I was progressing at was not much better than what youwould achieve through normal drinking and waiting. Eventually I noticedthree things that changed this from a slow, random grind into a rapidand repeatable system:

1.) There is a "window of opportunity" every minute of real time during which you can accumulate Drunkard minutes through zoning.  It is onlyduring this window that zoning can raise your minutes. You can zone asfast as your fingers can mash the buttons outside of this window andwill receive not one Drunkard minute for your efforts. I made thisdiscovery while drinking in Marhan's Grotto. In this particularlocation the window of opportunity was 25 seconds during afternoontesting (more on that later), lasting from :05 to :30 past the minuteon my watch. Obviously your watch will be set differently than mine, sosome experimentation will be needed to pinpoint your start/end times.What's important is that this window is consistent -during every single minute of afternoon testing that I ran, the windowbegan and ended at exactly the same second. Knowing this enabled me tocomfortably achieve 12 Drunkard minutes each real minute through zoningat the Grotto. That was good, but it got me wondering if I could dobetter elsewhere. Which leads to the second point...

2.) The window of opportunity is different in every town, outpost, and guild hallI ran tests in 20 random locations across all 3 campaigns and foundthat every town/outpost has its own window of opportunity. Just like inthe Grotto, these windows are consistent. However, the length of the windows differs from outpost to outpost.This means that it's more advantageous to zone from one outpost thananother. In all but two cases (Ascalon City and Lion's Arch) thewindows were unbroken stretches of time. The majority of the locationsI tested had windows in the 15-25 second range. The absolute worstplace to zone from that I found was The Great Temple of Balthazar witha paltry 5 second window. On the flip side, the three best places tozone from in my experience were Dasha Vestibule, Ember Light Camp, and Hell's Precipice.  Each of these places featured a window ~48 seconds in length.  This was long enough for me to consistently achieve 24Drunkard minutes per real minute, a pace that lowers the time requiredto achieve the title from 167 hours to 7. If you're worried that myresults may be overly optimistic, be aware that a number of people havediscovered zoning locations featuring unbroken 60 second windows! Atplaces like these 30 Drunkard minutes/real minute is achievable,reducing the time needed to max your title to just over 5 1/2 hours.

It should be noted, however, that different people zoning from the same location may experience different windows.This discrepency is due to the different guild halls being used. EachGH has its own window, and it's the overlap between your GHs window andthe window of the location your zoning from that determines youroverall window of opportunity for Drunkard minutes. Therefore, twopeople zoning from the same location but to different GHs will likelyencounter different windows. What this means is that the locations that featured the longest windows for me may not work as well for you.Because of this, you may need to experiment some to find your optimalzoning location. What's important is that, while the optimal zoningpoint may vary, you will find that each outpost does have adefinitive and repeating window of opportunity for Drunkard minuteacquisition. At the end of this guide is a list that may help youdetermine the best zoning location for your GH.

3.) Window length at a given location may flucuate between day and night.At one testing location (Marhan's Grotto) I recorded a 25 second windowin the morning and afternoon. Around 6:00 P.M. EST (11:00 P.M. GMT) thewindow changed to just 15 seconds, then reverted to 25 seconds the nextmorning. This behavior has repeated over a few days of testing. A fewother test sites are not exhibiting this behavior, but the effect for me in the Grotto is repeatable enough that it's worth a warning: Your window in a given location may differ from night to day!My suggestion is, if you have picked a zoning spot and discovered itswindow, be sure to re-time the window if you intend to zone again fromthat location at a different time of day.

Here's an example of how zoning works. For the purpose of this example,assume the window of opportunity starts at 5 seconds Past the Minute(PtM):
First, drink up to level 5 (for info on drunk levels, see http://gw.gamewikis.org/wiki/Drunk).  For best results, do this outside of the window so you're prepared when it arrives.
:05 PtM -- Zone from outpost to guild hall.  Lose 1 drunk level, gain 1 Drunkard minute.
:07 PtM -- Zone from guild hall to outpost.  Lose ALL drunk levels, gain 2 Drunkard minutes.
:09 PtM -- Drink up to level 5.
Repeat until window ends.

As you can see, the first time you zone during a window while drunkyou'll lose one drunk level (there are some mitigating factors that canmodify this, but in most cases this is how it works). The second timeyou'll lose ALL your drunk levels. This is true even if you drinkbetween your 1st and 2nd zones. So if in the previous example you haddrunk back up to level 5 before zoning back from your guild hall to theoutpost, you would gain 3 Drunkard minutes and still be reduced todrunk level 0. If you're using less potent alcohol then this would helpspeed things up. For more potent alcohol (flasks of firewater andspiked eggnog) your best bet is to get to level 5, gain your 3 minutesfrom zoning and then start all over again. I should also mention that Ifound absolutely no benefit from switching between different stacks of alcohol.

I've quoted a rate of 24 Drunkard Minutes/Real Minute.  Please be aware: Your results may vary!  There are several factors that will affect the rate you can achieve with even the longest window:
1.) Type of alcohol being consumed - I was working from a pool ofalcohol that was composed of 90% spiked eggnog. Spiked eggnog is by farthe best choice for this method not only because of the economicramifications (mentioned later) but for maximum speed while zoning.Using spiked nog you can drink once, zone twice, and repeat. Usingregular alcohol you'd have to drink 5 times, zone once, drink once andzone again to maximize your time. That's a bunch more mouse clicks todeal with.
2.) Access to a guild hall - All of my zoning was done from an outpostto the Warrior's Isle guild hall and vice versa. Zoning to/from a guildhall is best because of the "Guild Hall" button on the guild menu thattransports you with one click. Without a guild hall you'll have to maptravel, which will require more mouse clicks. And again, remember thatyour results will be influenced by the GH you're zoning from. Use thelist at the end of this guide to help locate your optimum zoninglocation.
3.) Computer/connection speed - If you're working with spiked nog andhave a guild, this will be your biggest limiting factor. My setupallowed me to zone once every 2 seconds. If yours is slower, your ratewill correspondingly decrease.
4.) Window layout - I placed my guild menu just to the left of myinventory menu. This put the stack of nog I was working from right nextto the "Guild Hall" button, so I barely had to move the mouse betweenthe two.
5.) One-click "double-click" button - My mouse software allows me toprogram one of my buttons to function as a "double-click". This cutsthe number of clicks needed in half, which is handy considering howmuch clicking you'll be doing.
6.) Reflexes - I would consider myself to have average reflexes. If youare particularly fast/slow (or if you're using "alternate" means ofclicking), your results will change accordingly.

Finally, in answer to some potential questions/concerns...
For those wondering about the cost impact: Zoning is bestused in conjunction with economically-acquired spiked eggnog. With thissetup, zoning will speed you towards your title while adding absolutelynothing to your cost. With regular alcohol, however, you'll be forcedto use 67% more than you would by drinking and waiting. Still, youdon't have to have an inventory full of nog to reap the benefits ofthis system. Even if you have just one stack of spiked nog, used inconjunction with regular alcohol you could reasonably gain 1,000Drunkard minutes about 15 hours faster than just drinking and waiting.
For those who feel this is a waste of time/too much effort:I was able to earn Incorrigible Ale Hound in just 4 days by spending 3hours each day in the game, and half that was time spent testing andnote-taking. People able to achieve the rate I did are looking at 7hours of boring, repetitive, fast clicking. Those who can't be botheredare free to spend 167 hours of boring, repetitive, slow clicking, andthere's absolutely nothing wrong with that.
For those who feel this is "cheating" or an "exploit": Ifeel the challenge of the Drunkard title is in the acquisition ofalcohol. Once you've put forth the enormous outlay of time (and, mostlikely, money) required to get the alcohol, actually progressingthrough the title track is both menial and (relatively) trivial. Yet ittakes a great deal of time in its own right, forcing people to waitweeks or even months between acquiring the alcohol and acquiring thetitle. Some people will want to be able to display the fruits of theirlabor in the shortest order possible; others will take pride in waitingand resent those who try to speed up the process. If you fall into thelatter category, that's completely fair and I fully respect youropinion. I simply don't share it.

With Wintersday behind us and a lot of spiked eggnog out in the wild,many people will likely be looking to make strides in their Drunkardtitle progression. While this information will only be helpful to asubset of those working towards their title, I hope that the tipslisted here will help some of you reach your goal more quickly. And ifyou've already made it to the top of the title, all I can say is: "Ilove you, man!"

Reported 45+ second windows of opporunity
Notes: Permanently open windows are marked with an (*). Also, theseresults do not account for time of day. If you aren't achieving longwindows using these same combinations, try again at a different time ofday.

Dasha's Vestibule -> Isle of Meditation / Isle of Wurms (*) / Warrior's Isle
Droknar's Forge -> Isle of Meditation
Ember Light Camp -> Frozen Isle / Hunter's Isle (*) / Warrior's Isle
Hell's Precipice -> Warrior's Isle
Iron Mines of Moladune -> Imperial Isle (*) / Isle of the Dead / Isle of Solitude
Kamadan, Jewel of Istan -> Wizard's Isle (*)
Marhan's Grotto -> Wizard's Isle
Nolani Academy -> Isle of Solitude (*)
Quarrel Falls -> Isle of Meditation (*)
Seeker's Passage -> Isle of Solitude (*)

Droknar's Forge -> Talus Chute
Kamadan, Jewel of Istan -> Consulate Docks
These last two combos could be useful for players without a GH; bring a running skill to speed zoning
XFIRE:junglejia
STEAM:junglejia
====================
GW2:Der Mo /Winding Forest
TC服务器
ts

发帖
白金币
威望
人气
昵称
我玩过